My computer is randomly shutting down

My computer will be running fine and then it will cut off. It has done this over and over. Do you think that this an issue with the power supply? The error reads: Shut down due to environmental Temperature and Have PC Serviced immediately.

You are over heating. Your best bet would be to open the case if this is a desktop and get a can of air and blow the dust from your fans and cpu and see if this helps. You may even need to replace the cpu thermal paste.

You would have to remove your cpu and heat sink and clean the cpu old thermal paste off. Then apply a thin coat of new thermal paste to the cpu. You should be able to purchase new thermal paste at your local computer shop. If you are not sure how to do this you may want to take it to your local computer shop. Or google it . You find a video or site that can walk you threw it. But if you do your self be careful when removing the cpu.

Just don't unplug stuff or pull it apart without finishing the job. If yo ugive up half-way through and decide to put things back together, then turn the PC on.. you could end up with a dead PC.

Make sure your PC is unplugged before touching your PC parts. You need to remove the thermal paste with rubbing alcohol and reapply the paste. Also make sure all the fans are clean so that the heat can be ventilated.

Make sure your PC is unplugged before touching your PC parts. You need to remove the thermal paste with rubbing alcohol and reapply the paste. Also make sure all the fans are clean so that the heat can be ventilated.
I prefer to actually leave it plugged in but the power off at the wall as this means the ground is still connected which means you can ground yourself by touching your case to discharge static.

I prefer to actually leave it plugged in but the power off at the wall as this means the ground is still connected which means you can ground yourself by touching your case to discharge static.
hmm idk man I wouldnt risk it! but you are definitely right... if he doesnt have it grounded he can risk ruining his PC, so do what Darth said

It's safe as long as there isn't an electrical storm and your house's ground is connected properly!

Back