My Dell laptop will not give me access to the internet via my wireless router

My Dell laptop recently stopped connecting to the wireless router at my house. Every other device in the house that uses the internet connects perfectly, however my laptop says that is connected, but above that it says "Unidentified Network - No Internet access". I haven't installed anything new on it except the latest version of Java. It is a Windows 7 laptop and this problem has never happened before. How can I fix it so I can use the internet again?

Hi Algeroch,

Click on the links below to troubleshoot and resolve Wired and Wireless Networking Issues on your Dell computer.

Wireless Networking for the Home: [FONT=Arial]http://dell.to/105mWOZ[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial]Wired Internet Connection for the Home:[/FONT][FONT=Arial] [/FONT][FONT=Arial]http://dell.to/122rnZ5[/FONT]

Please reply if you have further queries. We would be happy to help.

[FONT=Calibri]Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell [/FONT]

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site[FONT=Calibri] .[/FONT]

Hi Algeroch,

We hope the links were helpful in resolving the issue you were facing with internet connectivity on your computer. Unfortunately. we have not received any feedback from you in this regard. Please reply if you have further queries.

Thanks and regards,
Babita G
#iworkforDell

For easy access to drivers, manuals and product updates, please visit our Support Site .

After consulting the links that you gave me and Windows Help on my computer, I found out that I need to go into the Network and Sharing Area and click where it now says "Public Network" underneath the network's name, which should bring up the option to change that back to a Home Network. However, the word "Public Network" should be a link, and on my computer it isn't, therefore I can't change it to Home Network. Please tell me what I can do to change it to Home Network.

Fyi: Use HOME only when actually at home or connected to a trusted network (eg: a personal friend).
When accessing a hotspot, always use the PUBLIC setting to protect your laptop :)

Back