My download speed is low for some reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

psyduck6199

my speed test shows this result but my download speed is very low for some reason. its around 100kb/s-200kb/s only. can any1 tell me why is that?
847.png

See I don't use DSLReports to tell me what my download and upload speeds are? speedtest.net pretty good. speedtest.comcast.net has one too. Speakeasy also.

488227076.png

Remember if your testing in the day the speed will be not the same at 3am.

my speed test shows this result but my download speed is very low for some reason. its around 100kb/s-200kb/s only. can any1 tell me why is that?
That picture looks like it says 1171 kb/s download.

ya i know thats what the speed test says but when i download somthing the speed is 100-200 kb/s only.
Is it supposed to be faster? Do you by any chance know that download speed can also depend on the server's upload speeds? I was under the impression 200 is just fine for most download links.

i think it is supposed to be higher because when i first got my internet it used to be around 300kb/s and i dont think it is because of the server upload speed

Are you a high bandwidth user? Most ISP's have a maximum bandwidth amount each month or billing cycle, if you exceed your allotment then they might curb your speeds to bring your usage back into check.

What's your rated download and upload speed you pay for from your ISP? Let's start there...

huh....i have no idea what u mean. what do u mena my rated download and upload rate?

What do you pay for downloading and uploading from who you get you service from. Do you know what your paying for?

Download
Upload

What are you suppose to be getting from the company you pay for internet from?

oh....i have no idea because my dad pays for it....

Ask you dad when you get a chance? But I bet he has no idea? You would be surprise how many people don't know what they're paying for. I get this question all the time. Speed is only one factor. If the modem is old and the router is not performing correctly or the network internal card inside your computer is old then these are areas that would need to address. Have you ever updated the firmware in the router or the drivers on your computer network card?

it cant b old because we just bought it like 3 months ago
its a 2wire wireless modem. there is computer in my dad's room and a computer in my room. i use a belkin 54mbps network adapter for internet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back