My epsxe emulator is too slow how can I increase its FPS

im trying to run digimon world 2 and it is running at and average of four fps... here is my specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 1.04 GHz, 768 Mb of ram
my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

How do i increases it FPS... im prepared to go out and buy a new video card but i dont want to if i dont have to

I can't yet post links in the forums, but here is something that may help:

1.) Go to Google.
2.) Do a search for "Game Booster"
3.) The second link should read "Game Booster - Free software downloads and software reviews - CNET"

It is entirely free to use and it contains no spyware or viruses. Basically, it temporarily shuts down services that aren't necessary for playing games. This slightly frees up your system resources.

Another thing to try would be to clean up your temporary files.
1.) Click on your Start button.
2.) "Programs"
3.) "Accessories"
4.) "System Tools"
5.) Disk Clean-up
6.) Select your C:/ drive.
7.) It will take a few minutes to analyze your files, but eventually a list of things to delete will appear with little check boxes next to item. Go ahead and check every thing except for the last one that asks if you want to compress the files on your hard drive.

If you're running XP, then you could also defragment your hard drive before you sleep.
1.) Start
2.) Programs
3.) Accessories
4.) System Tools
5.) Disk Defragmenter
6.) Defragment your C:/ drive.
7.) Let your computer do its thing for a few hours or until it is done defragmenting.

A few things to try.

Disable all other programs, including antivirus. This also means to limit the amount of processes on startup to the bare minimum.

Play with your video plugins, there is a button at the bottom of Pete D3D driver page labeled FAST under the category "Default Settings".

Try playing in 16-bit color

If you are playing full screen, reduce your resolution.

Try playing without sound. The idea is to lighten the load on the CPU.

If none of the above work you can pretty much assume its your pc holding you back.

im trying to run digimon world 2 and it is running at and average of four fps... here is my specs:

AMD Athlon(tm) Processor 1.04 GHz, 768 Mb of ram
my video card is a NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX 400

Thats your problem right there , you computer and card is too slow.

Is that a desktop or laptop?

His processor speed seems abnormally low at 1.04 GHz.

What's your AMD processor's model number?
1.) Start
2.) Run
3.) type and enter "msinfo32"

Back