My GPU fan is making this, awful noise

Well, in the winter I got myself a new PC. A month later I picked up an Nividia Galaxy Geforce 210 for the system so I could do some gaming.

The card is not even a month older than the PC itself, which isn't even a year oldm and I'm getting this extremely irritating rattle from the fan. I've taken a look and have confirmed that it is indeed that exact fan. It's not creating any more vibration, which is at least good.

And I have blown compressed air into it to try and clean it out. Still the noise persists.

It's there anything I can do to get this to stop, as it gets even louder than my PC speakers. Shutting down a moment and restarting seemed to fix it yesterday, but now no such luck, and I don't want to shell out more cash for a GPU this soon or worse use the integrated GPU.

It's less than a year old so it should still be under warranty. I would initiate the RMA (return merchandise authorization) process and return it to Galaxy for repair or replacement. You will have to pay for shipping to Galaxy but that's better than buying a whole new card.

It's less than a year old so it should still be under warranty. I would initiate the RMA (return merchandise authorization) process and return it to Galaxy for repair or replacement. You will have to pay for shipping to Galaxy but that's better than buying a whole new card.

Makes sense to me I suppose. It's quieted down after running a while, but, eh, I dunno.

Back