My Half-Life 2 crashes when exiting, how can I fix?

Q

Quan VI Cuong

When I exit Half-Life 2 it appears a box say that hl2.exe has stop working, during the game is ok, but when I came to chapter Black Mesa East, I met a woman at the evelator, talk to her a while and she start to freeze! How can I fix these problems, thank you :'(

It is a pretty old game, so it does have the best compatibility with Windows 7 (or any modern OS). Try this: Right click on the game icon, press properties, go to the compatibility tab, chose the option to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP.

That is a known bug (HL2.exe crashing) I believe and is nothing to be concerned about. I dont know about your other problem.

It is a pretty old game, so it does have the best compatibility with Windows 7 (or any modern OS). Try this: Right click on the game icon, press properties, go to the compatibility tab, chose the option to run in compatibility mode for Windows XP.
It didn't work, I have tried all of them! Last night, I found that if I save game and exit, It will appear that error! It isn't a serious problem but it's pretty uncomfortable

Back