My Internet keeps going down

i have had a problem with my internet for about four months now. i have now been trying to figure out why the internet drops for about 30 sec to a minute and then comes back up and within another minute its goes down again. i have called bellsouth and they have done what they can supposedly and we have replaced the modem and the router and cleaned all of the Computers. also whenever i am excessivly using the internet on my computer the modem restarts. then i thought that my computer was the cause and this is where i am at right now trying to figure out why my entire internet to the entire house to go down.

Bellsouth needs to have a tech come by your house and check the strength and quality of your Internet connection in person. They should be able to detect cable modem drops from their office, but they also need to check this at your house inside and outside. I have a long wire drop from the pole to my house. This causes some signal loss. Enough loss to keep me from having both cable TV and cable Internet at the same time. I have Dish satellite TV

I had a similar problem to this. If you are using a wireless USB 'adapter', check that it's USB port is not going into 'power saving mode'. Also, try connecting to the modem with an ethernet cable, does the disconnect still happen? I ended up buying a new USB wireless G adapter, made by 'TP-link'. It solved my problem, and have now bought 3 of them.

Back