My iPhone 4, jailbreak and messed up!

Duthie

ok, I was recomended that I "jailbreak" my iphone by a mate and now i seem to have completely messed up my phone.

I followed this youtube video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5M4XWBeaIQ

Install Cydia restarted and got everything working, then i install a few apps, after that it told me to reboot. so I did. but after serveral min's/ hours my iphone would not restart. So I started panicing and came across some help online that said I should restore my iphone but its still not working. and now my iphone is complete black screened.

Anyone know what i can do. :( :(

Anyone know what i can do. :( :(

I know what you can do, make your way to your nearest Apple phone store, tell the salesman or saleslady that you would like an Apple i4, buy it, set it back up to the way you had you old one.............and....................never, ever, jailbreak an Apple phone again!

My 2 cents

lol....Im senseing anger in your words?!?! :) anyways I think iv resolved the problem, sorry for posting that rant. Just kinda paniced when my phone went completely dead and had to come here for help. Think the problem is to do with teathered" and unteathered". I think I need to reboot my iphone via my computer from now on if im using jail break.

Iv got everything back to normal i think,just lost half my contacts and pics tho....:( I dont really see the benefits in jail breaking? Is it frowned upon or illeagal or seomthing?

Sorry to say this, but :haha: .

I dont really see the benefits in jail breaking? Is it frowned upon or illeagal or seomthing?

Apple wants jailbreaking to be illegal, but there is still an ongoing debate whether it actually is. Put it strictly, jailbreaking is not illegal. But what is for certain, is that your warranty will fly off quicker than a rodent if you even (as much as) try to jailbreak.

However, (at least in my country) having the iPhone on an (unprotected) altitude of over 10 feet above ground will void your warranty as well... even if you do it once...

Jailbreaking is actually getting quite common compared to none-jailbreaking.

I dont really see the benefits in jail breaking?

You know what it does right? :)
In case you don't, and want to decide on what to do (to jailbreak, or not to jailbreak):

Apple basically owns everything when it comes to their products, including all the rights to approve which apps can be downloaded to your iPhone. This means that third party developers have a hell-of-a-time trying to approve their wonderful apps for the iPhone. They cannot install it on the iPhone manually either, it's alienately locked!

Solution: Break the lock, jailbreak. Jailbreaking an iPhone allows third-party applications (that apple has not approved) to be installed on the iPhone.

I've personally never jailbreaked an iPhone.
However, I don't buy Apple products.

My IT-Angelsheep (c) > iSheep :haha:

I don't really see the benefits in jail breaking? Is it frowned upon or illegal or something?

The act of "jail breaking" and Apple iTouch or Apple iPhone is a very questionable act. Depending upon the person you are sharing the information with, about "jail breaking" an Apple product, is determinant of that one person. Some may feel, who might know something about the procedure, they may know it as something that one does to set themselves up to be able to install "paid for aps" or un-approved "third party aps", without spending a dime on them!

Others who get told this information about you "jail breaking" an Apple product may have no real clue as to what it means, and just might give you a response like "hey that's cool man"!

But to me, being a long term Apple iTouch user, I know what jail breaking is and I don't support such activity. Jail breaking just leaves you wide open to being questioned about it. It leaves you dangling in the wind, when you have to take the device to your local Apple store and explain to them why you jail broke the unit. Plus if I remember right, a long time ago on the Apple iTunes web site they had an article about "jail breaking", I do remember the article saying that Apple warranties and extra service protection plans would be voided if jail breaking of a device took place.

Just be careful with your next Apple product. Be it an Apple iPod to an iTouch or full blown Apple iPhone, keep the unit "stock", don't try anything fancy with it or you might just be back here wondering why your Apple product isn't behaving like it should. Plus if the voided warranty stuff is true, and your unit was still under a protection plan, you just voided it!

Keep your next product stock, keep it simple and you will be happy! :)

Yea cheers for the heads up! Stupid me. My iphone is still working good now just hope it stays that way.

Thanks

Back