My laptop has no wifi access

Hey,
My laptop, which I believe to be absolutely messed up, has no wifi access, I'm disconnected and it's only showing ethernet. I don't use ethernet so it has a big red 'X' on it. This occurred when I reset my network setting to default. It had problems with it internet before, so I did something with command prompt and it fixed it partially. I could use internet but only on certain browsers, like Chromium. Google chrome said I had no internet, which I did. I Also couldn't install things, like setups, it always would give me an error. But back to my current issue, I believe it's a driver missing since in device manager in, 'other devices ' it says 'Network controller ' with a yellow '!' It says it's not working properly, I've tried updating the driver through left clicking and searching for available drivers but it says, "One of the installers cannot perform the installation at this time" So I believe the network controller is the problem, but usually under Network Adapters there would be a Wi-Fi option... Right? But I only see "Marvell Yukon 88E8040 Family PCI-E fast Ethernet Controller" and "VPN Client Adapter-VPN" and "WAN Miniport (SSTP)" help please. ....

Hey,
My laptop, which I believe to be absolutely messed up, has no wifi access, I'm disconnected and it's only showing ethernet. I don't use ethernet so it has a big red 'X' on it. This occurred when I reset my network setting to default. It had problems with it internet before, so I did something with command prompt and it fixed it partially. I could use internet but only on certain browsers, like Chromium. Google chrome said I had no internet, which I did. I Also couldn't install things, like setups, it always would give me an error. But back to my current issue, I believe it's a driver missing since in device manager in, 'other devices ' it says 'Network controller ' with a yellow '!' It says it's not working properly, I've tried updating the driver through left clicking and searching for available drivers but it says, "One of the installers cannot perform the installation at this time" So I believe the network controller is the problem, but usually under Network Adapters there would be a Wi-Fi option... Right? But I only see "Marvell Yukon 88E8040 Family PCI-E fast Ethernet Controller" and "VPN Client Adapter-VPN" and "WAN Miniport (SSTP)" help please. .... I Also tried resetting my pc and just get an error everytime.

If you wish to update your driver the best thing to do is to rely on getting drivers for your laptop model on the respective manufacturers website since Device manager isn't always that reliable if ever.

You should search for drivers associated with your laptop model so first thing to do is to identify which model your laptop is and visit offical driver support pages to install proper drivers.

Here are links to official manufacturer driver pages.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/US/content/drivers

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/products/laptop?app=drivers

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht003029

Thank you, although if I install a driver will the fact that whenever I try to install a driver or update a driver through device manager it says, "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time" be a problem? Also I have no wifi....

Thank you, although if I install a driver will the fact that whenever I try to install a driver or update a driver through device manager it says, "One of the installers for this device cannot perform the installation at this time" be a problem? Also I have no wifi....
Well you do need an internet connection if Wifi doesn't work it's best to connect an ethernet cable to the Laptop.

Back