My laptop will not boot up please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi, my laptop wont load, when it turns on it will only start normaly no safe mode is given i cant do the memory checks as you have to log in to it to see the what the problem is and i cant get that far the bar comes up trying to load but it never does. have you any idea whats wrong and how to fix it.
if you can help i would be so greatfull
thanks
x

We need to know your brand, model, age of the laptop, and configuration.
Do you have a Windows disk for the laptop... and what version is it? WXP, Vista, or Windows 7?
It sounds as if your hard drive may have gone bad, or is seriously corrupted...
If you have valuable data on the drive that must be recovered, treat the drive gently during testing... is it still may not be fixable, but may allow the recovery of data when used as a slave or an external USB drive in another computer.
Even if the drive is good but corrupted, you are at risk of losing data in order to fix it.

im not very good with computers so please bear with me, its a fujitsu siemens amilo pi 2515 its vindows vista and about a year old i dont have a windows disc and i dont no have to find out the configuration?

if you have reseated all your components using proper anti-static precautions then your HD may be corrupted and/or toast. If it is physically working, you may need to regenerate your data using cloning software from your last backup session. You DID back it up like you should right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back