My laptop won't turn on even though the light indicates its fully charged

Hi everyone,
I need some help. I went to use my acer laptop yesterday after not using it for about 4-6 months and it won't turn on. I charged it and the indicator light says its fully charged but it still doesnt come on even if it is plugged in. I honestly don't think it is fully charged because the light turned blue after being plugged in only 1 hour. Do you have any suggestions that could help me?

I tried that also. Still nothing. My mom is going to bring her battery to me today to try and see if its the battery.(we brought them together so they are the same model) The laptop is only a year or told and i didnt even use it that much but the last time i did use it it worked just fine.

I dont think that putting your mum's battery will help as with the laptop plugged in it should work

I tried that also. Still nothing. My mom is going to bring her battery to me today to try and see if its the battery.(we brought them together so they are the same model) The laptop is only a year or told and i didnt even use it that much but the last time i did use it it worked just fine.

Are you sure you removed the battery? This is very important because if you don't use a laptop for 6 months the battery can short out internally and cause a laptop not to turn on regardless of a full charge light. As Ultiweap said, a new battery might not work either, in this instance

There is such a high failure rate in laptops... and you can spend a lot of money just learning it cannot be repaired. Perhaps you could get some opinions, by tell Techspot the brand and model of laptop.
But it could be so many things that could present ideas here. We do a lot of laptops. Common problems are a broken power socket that has disconnected from the flat solder of the motherboard... bad or failing hard drive, failing memory socket... bad power charger/transformer (cheaply replaced nowadays.), crud inside the case under the keyboard, electrical failure of the keyboard... the list goes on and on.
There will be a lot of people on this forum that will have ideas once they know the laptop.

i had that prob 2 weeks ago it was a hardware prob causing it something to do with my memory socket

Back