My Microsoft Account has been hacked and im fearing that my data is compromised.

Hello TechSpot,

my microsoft account has been hacked along with my e-mail and my steam account due to me being foolish and using a short password with that password being used for pretty much everything. This hacker how took control of my e-mail which at the same time is connected to my microsoft account. As im writing this I am using the microsoft e-mail that the hacker gained access to.

Therefor I have two questions that I would be very thankful for if they got answered by people who know the most about this.

1. Question

What can a hacker now do with this Microsoft Account. Can he view my Data? Or could he even have a live recording of my Desktop Screen?

2. If I hard reset my Computer and use a completely new Microsoft Account, will he still somehow have access to this new Microsoft Account and compromise my data aswell as modifying it with malicious virues that could steal and corrupt my files/data etc?

This is very important. Luckily, bank statements, paypal addresses, visa passwords, numbers etc have NOT been ever archived on this computer. So the most valuable that he could compromise is my produced music.

Thanks so much in advance,

Cheers.

Lets just hope things dont get worse for you. Cause if you had not set up two factor authentication, I am afraid he might have access to all you data. Did you try contacting the Microsoft Support and notified them about being hacked. You mentioned that you were hacked using your steam account. Weren't you using steam autheticator?

Back