My Microsoft Office 2003 is acting strangely

I'm not sure if this is the correct forum for this but here goes...

About a week ago my MS Office 2003 did something strange -- when I opened the program the window flew off the left side of the screen and I could not click on it or get it back. There is a shortcut showing on the task bar, and I can minimize or maximize, but either way I cannot see the page, type anything or drag & move -- it is just off the screen in limbo somewhere.... I tried again tonight and I COULD open it when in safe mode (finally!!). Is there any way I can fix this problem so I don't have to be in safe mode all the time? I only use this desktop for PC gaming or creating word documents -- it doesn't go online at all, I have a different computer I use for that. Thanks for the help :) Oh, another thing - I did try to system restore to an earlier date only to find that this program had been turned off, so no go with that possibility...

Mikahmom

Does your PC do the same thing with all the programs you open? Or just with Office?
As a first thought, you say it opens ok in 'Safe mode', so that seems to point to your graphic drivers being missing or the wrong version for your card.

You can try a repair of Office it may have lost some important files. Control panel\Add&Remove Programs, cselect Microsoft Office 2003 and select change. Then repair and replace shortcuts

Back