My monitor lobsided, out range

I bought a Benq Zowie 24 inch gaming monitor for my desk top pc. On installing it my new monitor has pushed the screen over to the left, so the ar right of the screen has a black space going up the right and the desktop is pushed over to the left so I am unable to get at the start button. Although it would seem like a case to to adjust the picture to move it to thye right I can't find a way of doing this. I run a Nvidia Geforce GTX 970 graphics card which I think may be the fault but have been unable to locate Ndvia settings to try and change it there. I spoke to Nvidia last night but what they were saying and what options I had were not the same. For some reason Nvidia is hiding the settings they mentioned. I am at my wits end.

I'd start by using the monitor's internal settings and selecting "auto Adjust". This usually restores a centered picture.

I am sorry but I have already tried to change the screen size. Not one of the settings sizes sorts out the problem. I read something elsewhere that suggested my graphics card but I have ben unable to find proper settings for it. I have already spoken to Nvidia on web chat. Everything they suggested I couldn't find. Theey pointed me to Nvidia adapters but what they said was not in that area and I can't find another Nvidia settings area. I am afraid they bombarded with with hi tech stuff which I couldn't follow and I had to retire from my pc. I am having a added problem that earlier today I couldn't get a picture as the monitor said cable not connected. I am not sure if there is a fault or that the monitor has an attitude problem. I couldn't get it to work then. But now it's showing a picture but with the same problem out of range that it keeps saying. I am sure that what it is saying is a clue. I will be talking to a member of staff on Monday where I bought it from to try to shred to light. I still hope in the mean time to find a way to get the picture to move back to the right in it's proper place so I can turn my pc off properly.

"earlier today I couldn't get a picture as the monitor said cable not connected" : This is often caused by a loose connection at one end or the other...did you fully engage the connection?... Sometimes it can be caused by a faulty cable... do you have another one you can use instead?....On occasion it can be caused by a mechanical failure in the new equipment...does the old equipment still function properly?

I found Nvidia's control panel and changed the resolution to it's natural one. My graphics card does not have the resolution same as my monitor. So at some point I will have to get a new one that supports it. The picture moved into it's correct place and this revealed settings on my monitor which were hidden because of the argument with the resolution. I have found I can adjust the picture on the monitor. Unfortunately my games are a different size. But I am sure when I get a new graphics card that should be resolved. Thank you for everyone's help.

I found Nvidia's control panel and changed the resolution to it's natural one. My graphics card does not have the resolution same as my monitor. So at some point I will have to get a new one that supports it.

Start reading this first link it will help clear up your problem.
https://www.google.com/search?q=24+...ome..69i57.10111j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
You don't need a new gtx card unless the card is failing or doesn't support 1080p by your monitor.
https://www.cpuid.com/downloads/cpu-z/cpu-z_1.87-en.exe
Look at the gpu tab within cpu-z, it should tell you what gtx card you have.
Take whatever information it has and google it for recommended specs resolution.
http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-2449663/recommended-screen-resolution-gtx-970.html

Back