My new built PC won't connect to the Internet

waterproof

This is how my setup looks like

cable broadband > modem > switch > PCs wired connected to the switch, I can add PCs/laptop/friends laptop/my xbox no issue, it configures an IP address for the device and works on the go.

Anyway, I am having an issue with 1 PC, which I built, they're not newly high ends one just good enough for my lil sister to play after school. It seems to don't want to connect to the internet. Network device is fine, LAN drivers installed properly along with updated drivers for the PC. I can actually view my network devices from my problem PC and see other PC media devices, so it's not a hardware fault that's for sure.

I'm using Windows 7 64bit SP1 Ultimate

Issues that was displayed
* says i'm in unknown public location
* Tried to IPCONFIG it > default gateway is blank, IP (ipv4) address is blank
* did Local area connection settings to automatically obtain IP address as how it was default fine with my other PCs
* Tried to ping to my default gateway says 'transmit failed: general failure'
* Also tried to reset the network stack, didn't work
* Tried bypassing the switch and and just directly connecting the modem - same issue

Anyone could help me with this issue? Thank you would be much appreciated!!!

Not my area of expertise, but these have solved connection problems for me in the past.
Are you configured for DHCP?
and have you also tried:
ipconfig /release to terminate any active TCP/IP connections

ipconfig /renew to re-establish a connection?

Here is some more info on these command line utilities if you have not seen it yet
http://compnetworking.about.com/od/workingwithipaddresses/a/ipconfig.htm

hope it helps

tried it buddy, here's the screenshot of the problem pc http://i55.tinypic.com/8vuon5.png

also the network connection, it says 'undentified network'.. public

know what that means?

screenshot of the troubled PC

8vuon5.png

Anyone can help? seriously man.. its bugging me off

Back