My pc has (2x4) ram and i added 2x8 ram but the monitor doesn’t wanna detect the pc help

So I got a motherboard h270 prime plus and I added 2x8 udimm sticks to the 2 open slots and now I see nothing on my monitor. Can anybody help?

So I got a motherboard h270 prime plus and I added 2x8 udimm sticks to the 2 open slots and now I see nothing on my monitor. Can anybody help?
Not much information to go there - what DDR4 DIMMs did you have in the motherboard, before installing the new ones (e.g. speed rating, size, number of DIMMs)? What are the specifications of the new ones you've installed?

Not much information to go there - what DDR4 DIMMs did you have in the motherboard, before installing the new ones (e.g. speed rating, size, number of DIMMs)? What are the specifications of the new ones you've installed?
I had 2x4 ram ddr4 kingston 4096 MB 2400mhz

Thanks for the info. So the CPU only supports DDR4-2400, and the motherboard's chipset will limit any memory faster than this to 2400. But all that means is the Crucial memory would just run at a slower speed.

The first thing I personally would do is remove the current Kingston memory and insert the new Crucial DIMMs into the first and third memory slots (as measured from the CPU). If the system and monitor boot up fine like that, then try adding the Kingston DIMMs into the second and fourth memory slots.

If the system doesn't boot, then it would seem like the motherboard just doesn't like that combination of DRAM modules and, unfortunately, there's no much you can do about it. However, if it works fine with just the Crucial memory, 16GB is more than enough for most applications.

Edit: Asus has tested three different Crucial 8GB DDR4-2666 DIMMs with their Prime H270-Plus motherboard. Two of them are fine with all four DIMM slots filled, but one model only passed their tests for two DIMMs filled:

CRUCIAL BLE4G4D26AFEA.8FAD (16-16-17-36) = 4 DIMMs is okay
CRUCIAL BLE8G4D26AFEA.16FAD (16-17-17-36) = 2 DIMMs only
CRUCIAL BLT8G4D26AFTA.16FAD (16-17-17-36) = 4 DIMMs is okay

Last edited:
Back