My router ( hg8245t ) won't connect to other routers or even laptop

dorra

I got this new router ( hg8245t ) and optic fiber connection .... the problem is whenever I connect it to laptop thro ethernet it doesn't work ... and I bought a tl-wr740n router to extend the range thro ethernet cable .. didn't work too thro lan or wan ports .... can anyone help me ?

Which mapping is failing?;

1. ISP==modem--hg8245t--(wired)--pc
  2. ISP==modem--hg8245t-(wired)-tl-wr740n--pc

Thanks; the first thing to try is
Isp ==(optic fiber) hg8245t - (ethernet)--pc
this has to work if the wr740 has any hope :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the router ipconfig if it helps !

Attachments

• received_1210991335649960.jpeg
    received_1210991335649960.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 2
The picture is for WiFi; Use the Wired cable and disable wifi. This has to work.

I know and I already tried that
I even tried changing my ip to static and entered these data .. still no success

Attachments

• ipconfig ethernet.jpg
    ipconfig ethernet.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 2
  • no internet.jpg
    no internet.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
Changed the port in which the ethernet cable is inserted in router and still no effect
and am sure the wires in the RJ are in the same order in both ends and as most ppl have them worldwide

I tried another friend's optic fiber router and ended up with the same result for the tplink ..... didn't try the laptop tho !

If it isn't too personal ... if u can give me ur whatsapp or facebook to talk directly or smthn

I need to solve that issue asap cause I live abroad and can't contact my parents because of the bad internet :\

If this doesn't work
Isp ==(optic fiber) hg8245t - (ethernet)--pc
then it's the ISP setup to the hg8245t

the ISP controls the fiber optic side of the device and they need to enable it from their end.

When they're done, you should be able to PING GOOGLE.COM and use your browser.

The manual for the hg8245t is at http://setuprouter.com/router/huawei/hg8245t/
and the tl-wr740n is actually not required

Last edited by a moderator:
I know and I already tried that
I even tried changing my ip to static and entered these data .. still no success
The picture for Ethernet is hopeful, as it is fully configured, just not getting a DHCP address.
Stop playing with the TL-wr740n until the fiber optic unit works (which it is not as show above)

It is still me from my friend's account !

that is the optic fiber router wan settings .... for some reason it is blocked !!

Attachments

• router.jpg
    router.jpg
    126.8 KB · Views: 1
Don't even know what that picture is trying to say, but it's noting to do with settings or routing

Back