My speakers are not working.. please help

i recently formatted my hard disk and installed the realtek drivers again. but my speakers and the head set are not recognised , not can i view the volume control panel . so i unistalled the drivers and installed again, but the installation failed. what should i do? please help :(

<snip>so i unistalled the drivers and installed again, but the installation failed. what should i do? please help :(
1. When you tried reinstalling, did you first uninstall it from (for XP) CtlPnl->Add/Remove Programs or CtlPnl->Programs and Features (for Vista and Win 7)

2. You might also take a read through here if might help: [post=926040]Reference Guide to Help Setup and Troubleshoot Windows Audio and Sound Cards[/post]

3. If you still need more help, post any new/additional info about the problem along with
List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save to your Desktop
  • In TechSpot, use the paper clip icon to attach the report. (If you don't see icon you may need to first click Go Advanced)

You still need to give your system specs: make/model of your computer or motherboard aqnd List any Problem Devices
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so

Try this (in the following order)
  1. Open Add/Remove Programs. Check for sound card driver entry in Add/Remove Programs and uninstall it. Reboot
  2. Next, open Device Manager. Look under System Devices. Rt click on Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio, select Uninstall. Reboot (MS UAA Bus Driver is only to be uninstalled from Device Manager)
  3. On restart, Windows will reinstall the UAA Bus Driver sytem device. Now rerun the msinfo32 tool per instructions in my prior post. I'm guessing (hoping) this time it will now list at least one item starting HDAUDIO\. Yes?
  4. Then reinstall the audio driver download for your motherboard

I think Windows still doesn't detect the sound card. Check your BIOS. Is there a setting for Onboard Audio?

1) It should be set to something like Enabled or Automatic (make sure onboard audio is not disabled)

2) If you find onboard audio in BIOS, toggling it off (then reboot) then turn back on (reboot again) can also sometimes help force Windows to go looking for and redetect the sound card again.

Anything now show up in msinfo32 Problem devices? Any yellow icons appearing in Device Manager while the audio drivers are still uninstalled?

Are you sure you downloaded all of the drivers? I have the Realtek HD Audio and i need to download 2 files.

The Realtek HD Audio Codecs and the AC'97 Audio Codec, these are two different codecs that your sound card may need. Either way both need to be installed because they work in tandem with eachother

Back