My thread was deleted

cliffordcooley

Under normal conditions, I could understand why my thread was deleted. It was created because I couldn't upload an image to a different location on the forum. And now that the thread is deleted, I now have a post with a broken link to an image that no longer exist. How else was I to upload an image? And please don't say file share site. I would only except that answer, if Techspot removes the capability to upload files throughout the entire forum. Either Techspot is going to host files or they are not. Which is it going to be?

This is the location to where I wanted the image. And the only option available to me is inserting images by url.
https://www.techspot.com/community/...-from-two-low-res-panels.204123/#post-1418264

This is not the first time, I have run into this issue. I've mentioned this several times in the past. I don't understand why it is an issue, much less why it is not being resolved. I created a thread as a fix and apparently that is not even allowed.

I moved it to General Discussion since I didn't think it belonged in the Hardware forums as a (sort of) random reference post.

I think TechSpot used to host user uploaded images but I think that went away when we moved away from vBulletin. I don't know if there was a technical reason or just an administrative reason for it.

Thanks @mailpup, I didn't realize I was in hardware forum. I clicked on Audio and Video, to make my thread. Seemed close enough in relation. I should have paid closer attention.

If I have further issues, at least I have that thread to fall back on. I can at least upload my images there, and link to them.

...[ ]....I think TechSpot used to host user uploaded images but I think that went away when we moved away from vBulletin. I don't know if there was a technical reason or just an administrative reason for it.
vBulletin allowed for "attachments" to be uploaded, whatever the file extension. They were, IIRC, limited to 47KB or maybe 147KB. Not quite sure, but still small.

We also had a separate gallery of member uploaded images not associated with the forums, threads or attachments. For example, some people would upload pictures of their PC desk and peripherals setup while others uploaded any and all sorts of pictures.

Back