My vga graphics adapter is missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have a toshiba satellite L305-S5919, i cant find anything that can help me either re-install the driver or card not sure what it is, or anthing to maybe update what i might have.

i also currently cant get internet on that computer and am using my sisters right now. i have been downloading and saving to mem. card then installing on the other computer.

anything would be helpful and greatly appreciated!! :)

thx in advance

there are known issues with this laptop and Nvidia graphics processors installed on them. You need to take the laptop to someone capable of circuit board level repairs as in many cases the chip will have to be re-flowed.

thanks, other than taking it to someone is there anything i could do myself?? i dont have a job right now soo money is kinda an issue for me

will try and help
first question - how do you know it is the vga that is not working?
second - what happens if you plug in a monitor?

With a little luck, you should be able to use an external monitor.
There is nothing special about flowing the chip, if you can find somebody with experience...
Skilled techs charge a lot because they can, but if you can find somebody with a LOT of experience in doing it, they can do the job in 30 minutes including disassembly.
But you can often get by quite a while using an external monitor if you can avoid lugging the laptop around for work or school.

I suggest you first focus on getting the right driver to give you internet access. After that, it becomes much easier to search for and load drivers or run diagnostics and reports (if needed) to get the other devices set up. (or if not a driver issue, why can't you get internet access? you should make your life easier and fix that first)

1. What version of Windows is installed and its Service Pack level?
2. Have you looked for your drivers here?
3. Can we assume a driver for the ethernet network adapter will give you network access?

i cant find anything that can help me either re-install the driver or card not sure what it is, or anthing to maybe update what i might have.
i also currently cant get internet on that computer and am using my sisters right now. i have been downloading and saving to mem. card then installing on the other computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back