Really bad ping problems on my laptop, roomates is fine

I'll start off by saying I'm not the most proficient when it comes to computers. I use mine for school and playing league of legends and that's about it, and that brings me to my issue. I am getting north of 500 ms ping but mostly spiking from 40(usual ping if running smoothly) to around 200 constantly and it is extremely frustrating. I'm near certain that it's not my network for the reason that's in my title, no problem with my roomates computer. I pinged google servers and had wildly inconsistent responses 40 to 100 to 200 to 80 etc etc. I have a lenovo legion y530 with the realtek 8822BE Wireless lan 802.11ac PCI-E NIC driver, which is what I believe is causing the issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated I just want to be able to play league again

Can you compare to using a wired connection?

are you sure you have the latest driver for the 8822BE ?

Can you compare to using a wired connection?

are you sure you have the latest driver for the 8822BE ?
I havnt used an ethernet with my current network but I have before on the network at my parents and it was much more stable but it's not really an option unfortunately in my current place. I do have the latest driver, I tried installing a new one but got confused during the process, the driver I installed wouldn't show up as an option

The object was to show stability in the network and its path and thus the issue being the wifi device or driver.

That's where I arrived as well, although I don't think its the router as I mentioned my roomates laptop has no problem with ping in game or doing ping tests for example pinging the google server. So I believe it to be the driver, are there fixes do I need a new wifi card I guess what do I do from here

Back