Mysterious and various PC crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm using an Asus k7n8x-e Deluxe with Athlon Xp2600+ with 1Gb Kingston DDR400 Memory +Antec Truepower 2.0 PSU.
And I have a lot of crashes, seemingly random errors. Sometimes no specific file sometimes tcpip.sys or some other file. Anybody has some time to tell me where to start troubleshooting. Tried Windows XP SP2 reinstall a couple of times already...
Should I just set this mobo on fire and go for a Duo Core Intel miracle? Well first I need about AUD1200 for that so it has to wait a month or two...

Any ideas? Thanx in advance!

Solvent

Ps some minidumps are attached for your information along with a DxDiag file

Attachments

• Minidump.zip
    87 KB · Views: 7
  • DxDiag.txt
    54.8 KB · Views: 5
First of all, what internet connection do you use and how does it connect to your pc??? (i.e. rj45 or usb)

what program are you using to zip up your files? i cannot extract it.

Just upload the .dmp files directly onto the next post. It takes a maximum of 5 files.

One of the dumps lists memory corruption as a possible cause. Google Memtest86+ and test your RAM.

i second that. Turn off your PC then open it up and take out all the RAM modules out except one then boot up and test with the memtest program for 7 passes. Note if you have any results under the FAIL column. Repeat with any other modules if you're using more than one stick of ram.

If you find any FAIL then that stick of RAM could be bad or incompatible.

Then check through drivers updates...

Thanks for all the advises.
Couple of thing:
- I use broadband internet via a Billion wireless modem/router + card
- I have 2 + 512 Mb Kingston RAM (came in a pair) and I bought them about 2 years ago and had no problem with them so far - but i'll test em.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back