Need affordable PSU

LightningSeed

Ok so here we go. Need a new psu for around £50 GBP. Looking at around 600watt for these specs:

P4 3ghz processor
3gb ram
1 x HDD IDE
1 x Sata HDD
2 x DVD/CD RW drives
Thermaltake case with fan control for 6 fans 4-pin
Sapphire HD 3850 agp graphics card either power adapter 6-pin to 2x4-pin or i presumme a 6 pin from psu given as thats whats at the end of the adapter

Ive been looking at:

OCZ Stealth Xstream II 600W
Coolermaster GX 550W
Corsair CX600

any other suggestions?

Advice would be great guys, thanks

The PSU HK linked should be more then enough with 28A on 12V rail, but if you really prefer something that is 450W+ I'd say check out the Antec NEO ECO 520W. It is higher priced but will be more then enough for your system and you can take it with you when upgrading like Wolf suggests.

The antec is not available in the UK and the corsair tx is a bit more expensive than i can get atm. Im not likely to go nvidia so sli isnt really too important.

What out of the listed 3 is better?

Cheapest out of those three would be ideal...I'd say there isn't a huge difference between them.
The Antec VP-450 450W ATX 12V v2.3 Power Supply
is pretty similar to the corsair 430, you could also use that if you can find it for less. Also it's actually rated at 450w (not that it actually matters, but maybe it will please you more).

Looking at reviews & feedback the OCZ Stealth Xstream II 600W seems to be the best option, but as I'm sure you are aware either one would satisfy the job for your system so the CX600 should be fine.

Back