Need computer maintainance software

CJ Casanova

Hello everyone and thanks for viewing!

I am looking for a few applications to help me maintain computers, here are a few examples.

• Computer Cleaning
  • uninstaller(currently using revo)
  • Security
  • spyware/adware scanners (good ones)
  • Anything that can keep a computer fast
  • any sort of auditing software
  • Any others i may have missed or you think would be helpful

Thank-you in advanced!

I have used for many years;
CCleaner
Winaudit
Glarysoft Utilities
Microsoft Security Essentials.

Thank-You

Thanks to you both for your answers, been a big help, Mike i like the detailed information i get with winaudit VERY helpful.

One last question is there any software that uses Windows Events to work out a problem ? or am i not allowed to be that lazy ?

Hello everyone and thanks for viewing!

I am looking for a few applications to help me maintain computers, here are a few examples.

• Computer Cleaning
  • uninstaller(currently using revo)
  • Security
  • spyware/adware scanners (good ones)
  • Anything that can keep a computer fast
  • any sort of auditing software
  • Any others i may have missed or you think would be helpful

Thank-you in advanced!

Temp file cleaner http://software.addpcs.com/tfc/
Revo is the only one I lnpw of that works here too
MSSE ftw.
Malwarebytes and/or superantispyware -both excellent apps that I use to clean computers all the time with.
There is no proper "make my pc stay good" program, they are all money sinks that promise the world and dont deliver. The closest is just a good defrag like mydefrag's monthly defrag and sort option.
Auditing as in "whats in the computer" right? http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html Belarc advisor free and VERY thorough.

Take a look at this site www.ninite.com its a VERY handy site where you select the applications you want to install, it then creates a custom installer thats super tiny with your custom list. Simply run the installer on any machine and it installs/updates the correct version (x64 or x86) with NO toolbars and driveby junk installs.

Back