Need cooler for CPU

By snacks ยท 6 replies
May 4, 2008
  1. Need a cooler that's going to fit easily on the motherboard, and work well, enough to overclock and obviously not too loud. Is posting the case necessary?
  2. ryantruck

    ryantruck TS Rookie Posts: 79

    Without knowing the type of CPU its impossible to know what heatsink / cooler would work.
  3. HaMsTeYr

    HaMsTeYr TS Guru Posts: 379   +6

    socket type...?
  4. raybay

    raybay TS Evangelist Posts: 7,241   +10

    You do need to know the case, because you need to know if you will have working room and good air movement within the case. But as suggested, you need to also know the CPU.
    Zalman's are very popular on this forum. I have never seen one fail in normal use... but for the few dollars difference, it is better to get a combination package of heat-sink and fan.
  5. fullmetalvegan

    fullmetalvegan TS Enthusiast Posts: 123

    If it works with your CPU - I recommend the Xigmatek HDT-S1283. Rated #1 on quite a few sites and works very well on my Core 2 Duo E8400.
  6. HaMsTeYr

    HaMsTeYr TS Guru Posts: 379   +6

    Arctic Cooling Freezer 7 Pro is another you might want to consider :)
  7. snacks

    snacks TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 147

    Never mind.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Similar Topics

Add your comment to this article

You need to be a member to leave a comment. Join thousands of tech enthusiasts and participate.
TechSpot Account You may also...