Need drivers for motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam12689

I just got a PC with no OS on so i ordered windows XP and installed it on there, but now i need drivers, as it did not come with the disk. i do believe i need audio, network, LAN ect. im not sure.. everything i suppose. i Think i have the motherboard model number so if anyone can help that would be great. ALso i have a small usb flash drive so i can transfer drivers over to the new PC. thanks

edit- i believe its an ECS motherboard. and i think the model number is 945GT-GN

I could find no info on the motherboard, it appears that ECS has nothing listed on their site. You can look Here but I could on find 945PL drivers.

hmm

i guess all i need is the drivers to be able to connect to the internet... where would i look to find the model number of my motherboard and what would it look like?

i have looked myself and cant find much. seems as if 945gt-gn is not the model number or they just simply dont have the drivers for it..

edit- the little cpu processor says Intel on, maybe thats the motherboard??

this is what i found under system informartion:
Time of this report: 12/30/2009, 10:20:00
Machine name: GAMING-ED70CFCE
Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gateway
System Model: E2610
BIOS: Phoenix - AwardBIOS v6.00PG
Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 3.40GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 2038MB RAM
Page File: 91MB used, 3843MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
DxDiag Version: 5.03.2600.5512 32bit Unicode

Usually for major manufacturer's like Dell, HP, Gateway, etc., you go to their websites. For self-built or custom built you go to the motherboard manufacturer's site. You fall into the former category. That said, I suppose you can try those drivers.

What did HP say was the original operating system on that PC? Maybe it would be simplest to install that one.

a friend gave it to me so i have no idea. i might have found the right drivers for it but im not sure what version it is.

also im not sure what drivers to download. all of them are supported for XP?

Not necessarily. Check what operating systems are supported for each driver. It's near the bottom of each description.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back