Need drivers

Ado13

Driver for model IBM 8123Y2S (ThinkCentre A51) for Microsoft Windows XP Professional
Device
Name: Multimedia Audio Controller
Hardware ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_02F71014&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&SUBSYS_02F71014 <---- Device ID matches with our database
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&CC_0401

Compatible ID:
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E&REV_03
PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_266E
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_040100
PCI\VEN_8086&CC_0401
PCI\VEN_8086
PCI\CC_040100
PCI\CC_0401
Version ,1970-01-01

Interesting, those are the same drivers I used to use for my IBM. Try going to device manager and right clicking on the audio device and click "Update Drivers"

Interesting, those are the same drivers I used to use for my IBM. Try going to device manager and right clicking on the audio device and click "Update Drivers"
I tryed that to but its the same the blue screen appears and my pc shots down

Go to the Lenovo support site for your computer model? (a good place to start) Looks like you need ADI Soundmax drivers, not Realtek

Go to the Lenovo support site for your computer model? (a good place to start) Looks like you need ADI Soundmax drivers, not Realtek
What is interesting is that I installed a Realtek driver on my old machine and it succeeded but was listed as soundmax in the control panel. Odd stuff.

I installed the ADI SoundMAX audio driver and I dont have sound, when I try to install the Realtek drivers the blue screen stops me and restarts my pc. I have IBM ThinkCentre A51 8123 so the ADI driver should work because I got it from lenovo website. My sound card is listed in the device manager with a yellow !
Edit:
When I try to install the universal soundmax drivers I get a eror the hda bus driver is requaierd but not found

Fyi.. There two different audio standards. The original standard was called "AC97" and newer is High Definition (HD). Your computer is AC97 audio. If you installing a driver which says your missing hda bus driver tells me you're trying to install a Soundmax HD driver. HD which will never work on your machine. (any driver with the words "High Definition" or HD is high def)

That said, look in Add/Remove Programs and uninstall anything there for Realtek or Soundmax. Then try reinstall the Soundmax driver from Lenovo. (Note none of those Lenovo drivers are HD)

/* EDIT */
If the problem persists do the following
List any Problem devices
  • Make sure devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
  • On the other hand, if no devices are listed, tell me so
Generate and attach a DirectX report
  • Click Start->Run, enter dxdiag and click OK
    ===> If you’re running 32 bit Windows, dxdiag will launch on its own
    ===> If you’re running 64 bit Windows, you’ll see 64-bit DxDiag. Click it to launch the 64-bit version of dxdiag
  • Notice progress in lower left window corner
  • When done, click Save Information button and save as a text file to your Desktop
  • Attach it to your next post by clicking the Upload a File button

Back