Need help cant run games because of direct x

Ty wilson

One day I was playing csgo and my pc just crashed out of no where, basically blue screened. I turn it back on and I had windows 10 at the time nothing worked could click anything or start up cmd or command prompt nothing. so I opened up the recovery mode and thought it would be smart to reset my hard driver. After that I manually had to get my drivers and such back but I have integrated graphics called intel HD and so I thought everything was fine and I could play and get all my games back like normal but no the only games I could play without failure were league of legends, black desert online, terraria, warthunder. Alot of games that didnt work were csgo, garrys mod, h1z1, and many others. I dont know what the problem is I think its something to do with dll files and im stuck with windows 7 every time I go for windows 10 it fails.

Attachments

• need help.PNG
    need help.PNG
    45.7 KB · Views: 0
  • dxdiag settings.PNG
    dxdiag settings.PNG
    71.5 KB · Views: 0
  • fortnie.PNG
    fortnie.PNG
    86.3 KB · Views: 0
  • runtime error.PNG
    runtime error.PNG
    100.6 KB · Views: 0
If it were my machine, I would think first that it was some kind of malware. If you have previously been running Windows 10 (authenticated) then you can download an ISO copy from Microsoft and do a clean installation from a CD or a flash drive. Hopefully, you have a backup of your personal data (music/pix/etc) or can get them off the internet libraries you own.

Worth noting, if you have been running Windows 10 - authenticated - as an upgrade from Windows 7, Microsoft may no longer consider Windows 7 to be 'legitimate' even though it is in your recovery partition. Check with the system maker.

Last edited:
What's the make/model of your Lenovo PC?

Question: When did you upgrade windows 7 to windows 10? This maybe important....as the upgrade path to windows 10 is now done and over with and has been for a long time now. Which would explain your Windows 7 not updating to 10.

Instead opening your recovery setup (assuming you mean your Lenovo recovery software from the hidden D drive).....why didn't you just use windows 10 recovery in the all settings. That would give you 2 choices; clean install (over top) keeping your files/data or clean install (over top) with no data/files being saved.

I know that with all windows.....some updates have to be installed first and a reboot is required then restart the process again and again and again until all updates are installed. With windows 7 there almost 300 updates.

If this were my Lenovo PC, I would do another factory install using your Lenovo recovery software.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht077226

What's the make/model of your Lenovo PC?

Question: When did you upgrade windows 7 to windows 10? This maybe important....as the upgrade path to windows 10 is now done and over with and has been for a long time now. Which would explain your Windows 7 not updating to 10.

Instead opening your recovery setup (assuming you mean your Lenovo recovery software from the hidden D drive).....why didn't you just use windows 10 recovery in the all settings. That would give you 2 choices; clean install (over top) keeping your files/data or clean install (over top) with no data/files being saved.

I know that with all windows.....some updates have to be installed first and a reboot is required then restart the process again and again and again until all updates are installed. With windows 7 there almost 300 updates.

If this were my Lenovo PC, I would do another factory install using your Lenovo recovery software.

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht077226

my pc is a lenovo thinkcentre m72e. what I did was buy this PC from a well known guy who owns the personal computer museum you can look it up its pretty cool. I think he upgraded it to windows 10 from 7 and the PC was brand new but what had happened is it blue screened in the middle of my game and had no idea what do to so I think I factory reset it back to before I had the computer with windows 7 basically I wiped the hard-drive and put it back to a state in which I didn't own the computer then. And now I cant upgrade it to windows 10 properly. Also before I could play all these games fine with ease but after the blue screen and being stuck on windows 7 this stuff all started to occur and I have no idea how to fix any of the problems but I have tried many things

Last edited:
Hi I have no idea what condition your OS is in. You can find all the ISO files here. Then you can choose the OS you want to install or repair and create the installation media. Let us know how things go.
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/

ive made one of them on a usb and when I go to do the setup and I get to this step it says its gonna install important updates and then windows 10, it initializes and then nothing happens and the program dies

Attachments

• after i click this it dissappears.PNG
    after i click this it dissappears.PNG
    73.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
You can't use the windows 10 ISO USB drive to install windows 10 as I've explained in post number 4. You need to do another Factory reset/recovery, then when it's finished, you input your personal information which will make you the new owner. Then update windows 7.

The only way to get to this laptop to windows 10 is to buy it.

That said; I've read that some users are still able to upgrade there windows 7/8 systems.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

@plankton23 I think the OP indicated he has been running an updated to Windows 10 OS for some time. I think if he has and it is authenticated then Windows 7 would no longer be capable of being 'authenticated' as it would have been used to do the upgrade.

@Ty wilson Hi, just how long did you run Windows 10? Was there any issue with it being 'authentic'? Were you getting updates?

Hi @Cycloid Torus I believe you are 100% correct about this (I think if he has and it is authenticated then Windows 7 would no longer be capable of being 'authenticated' as it would have been used to do the upgrade.)
I hope I'm not stepping on you friend.;)

You can't use the windows 10 ISO USB drive to install windows 10 as I've explained in post number 4. You need to do another Factory reset/recovery, then when it's finished, you input your personal information which will make you the new owner. Then update windows 7.

The only way to get to this laptop to windows 10 is to buy it.

That said; I've read that some users are still able to upgrade there windows 7/8 systems.

http://www.zdnet.com/article/heres-how-you-can-still-get-a-free-windows-10-upgrade/

https://www.howtogeek.com/272201/all-the-ways-you-can-still-get-windows-10-for-free/

its not a laptop it is a desktop and it had windows 10 pro before so I don't understand the problem I made a window 10 iso usb drive but I dont know how to get my pc to boot it off of that.

@plankton23 I think the OP indicated he has been running an updated to Windows 10 OS for some time. I think if he has and it is authenticated then Windows 7 would no longer be capable of being 'authenticated' as it would have been used to do the upgrade.

@Ty wilson Hi, just how long did you run Windows 10? Was there any issue with it being 'authentic'? Were you getting updates?

yes I was getting updates and I ran it for a few months and it was authentic. wait so if its not able to upgrade windows 7 to windows 10 how do I get windows 10

Download system manual from Lenovo. Enter Settings (BIOS). Change 'boot order' so your USB ISO is first. Restart with ISO in place.

Your ISO version of Windows 10 installation media should be sufficient.

Hi Here's a good article by Andre Da Costa that might help? Andre is a MVP on the MS forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...stall-of/aef0ae63-2117-41ee-a8ea-4a3181625b08
PS Here's what @Cycloid Torus was telling you in a previous thread.
What is the Digital Entitlement or Digital License?

When you upgrade from a previous version of Windows, what happens is the hardware, (your PC), will get a digital license. This is a unique signature of the computer which is stored on Microsoft Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics product key.

Last edited:
Looks like a permission issue on the directory structures - - run SFC /SCANNOW to diag & fix

Hi Here's a good article by Andre Da Costa that might help? Andre is a MVP on the MS forum. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us...stall-of/aef0ae63-2117-41ee-a8ea-4a3181625b08
PS Here's what @Cycloid Torus was telling you in a previous thread.
What is the Digital Entitlement or Digital License?

When you upgrade from a previous version of Windows, what happens is the hardware, (your PC), will get a digital license. This is a unique signature of the computer which is stored on Microsoft Activation Servers. The Windows 7 or Windows 8 genuine license you were previously running will be exchanged for a diagnostics product key.

it does say its activated and I do have a product key. And this is on my end I cant seem to figure out how to get it to boot on the usb when I go to the bios settings it says it cant boot and that its excluded

Attachments

• it is active.PNG
    it is active.PNG
    8.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi I have no idea what your PNG is telling you. I suggest you Google your make and model number and "How to change boot Order" Post #14 ??
https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht117661

Note: That “USB drive” doesn’t appear as an option in the list, even though our computer has USB ports. If we connected a USB device to the computer before starting our computer and accessing this screen, we’d see the USB drive option in the list. Some computers display the USB drive option even when a drive isn’t connected, while some don’t.

The boot order is a priority list. For example, if “USB drive” is above “hard drive” in your boot order, your computer will try the USB drive and, if it’s not connected or no operating system is present, boot from the hard drive.

Last edited:
Hi I have edited my reply twice. That is the best I can do. Let us know how things go!
if “USB drive” is above “hard drive” in your boot order, your computer will try the USB drive and, if it’s not connected or no operating system is present, boot from the hard drive.
If you have a boot-able USB, Your PC should boot from the USB if its the first choice!

Back