Need help finding network controller driver

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, tryin to help my moms boyfriend get his internet working again, he got the blue screen of death and ended up whiping his computer so now he has nothing on it and the internet will not turn on at all. I'm not sure how much or which exactly info you need to help me find the driver i'm looking for, but here's some basic info on the laptop:

System:
OS - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Version 2002 Service Pack 2
Manufacturer - Dell Inc
Model - Inspiron 2200
Processor - Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 1.70GHz
504 MB of RAM
DirectX - Version 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)

If you need more info in order help me just let me know, it's just hard i don't have internet so i can't download something like Everest Home Edition that gives me all the info easily.

THANKS!

You'll have to look at the network card and get a description off of it. If you post the computer details ( as long as it isn't customized, we might get lucky...

Thank you everyone who's helping me out!

LookinAround,

I downloaded that driver and i think im getting closer to solving this problem now, but still can't connect to the internet. after downloading that driver i finally have the option to connect to the internet (that little computer icon on the bottom right popped up) but it says limited connectivity and still doesn't work.

When i right click my computer>properties>hardware>device manager it still says i don't have it, so i'm really confused and not sure where to go now, anyone have ideas? Thanks!!

Right click in the little computer icon on the bottom right popped up, open network connection (the last option), Right click in the local area network propieties, and only have to mark show icon, the other option doesn't have to be mark

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back