Need help getting rid of a CiD virus

Status
Not open for further replies.

vampire99

I need help with getting rid of a virus called CiD!!! A lot of pop-ups come up and I do not know how to get rid of them...

Does anyone know how to get rid of it?!?!

PLEASE help me!!!!

uhh is there a faster way to get rid of this!!
the site that you gave me lists many anti-virus sites that i do not know which to choose from...i put at least to virus protections on but they still pop-up........

can you explain the steps to me here one by one.

sorry.

Hi :

"Step 2" of the "Instructions" is ONLY IF you do NOT have a pre-existing
anti-VIRUS program !? IF you now have 2 or more antiVIRUS programs, you
should uninstall One of them . Then continue with "Steps 3, 4 & 5" of the
"Instructions" and see IF running "Full Scan(s)" of BOTH "SUPERAntiSpyware"
AND "Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware" takes care of your problem !? IF NOT, then do
"Steps 7 & 8" . Getting rid of Cid is an involved "process" .

uhh is there a faster way to get rid of this!!
the site that you gave me lists many anti-virus sites that i do not know which to choose from...i put at least to virus protections on but they still pop-up........

can you explain the steps to me here one by one.

sorry.

The removal instruction that you were referred to is somewhat of a Standard routine. Going through the process will eliminate any know threats. The HJT log is a snap shot of the process running on your computer, thus may reveal some unknown threats or vulnerabilities with installed software, the OS and/or system settings.

should i post my notepad stuff onto this site so u can see what it says?
thats what it says to do in step 6

i am on the last step now. Because the pop-ups of CiD still come up.
It says to show the notepad to a person that knows whats going on... and it also said o put only .txt or .log files. I am looking to see if I have any of those but mine says .exe

what should i put on the thread so that it is best to find out how to get this CiD off my computer??

okay, but in the site that you gave me.. it says to post only .txt and .log files
but i cannot find any of those...

i only have .exe files

should i post just all of the not-pad...??

its pretty long.

exe Files? How did that happen? When using HJT, click scan and save log. Malwarebytes automatically creates a log. Yes they should be in .txt or .log format. You must save those files in a location where you will be able to find it.

hmmnn, i am i little confused...

after saving the notpd how do i attach it onto this tab?

i tried saving them but then it says "make sure the path and file name are correct"

well, i saved it onto my computer now...

so now what is the next step again? or how do i post it here?

To upload attachments click the attachment button that looks like the one shown here
attach.gif
, click the browse button, then select the file that you want to upload from your PC.

To upload attachments click the attachment button that looks like the one shown here
attach.gif
, click the browse button, then select the file that you want to upload from your PC.

Here is my notepad!!
is there a way to getting rid of the annoying pop-ups??

I will start with some of the simplier things that should be done . Apparently, you
want to use McAfee as your antiVIRUS Provider and since antivirus programs
function best when there is nothing of another antivirus programming on the
computer, I recommend you run the FREE "Norton Removal Tool", One of which is
available @ www.majorgeeks.com/Norton_Removal_Tool_SymNRT_d4749.html .

2nd: you have the malware-prone Adobe Reader. Recently, Researchers found a new hackertoolkit that uses nothing but Adobe securityleaks in order to infect systems. "PDF Xploit Pack" ( http://www.trustedsource.org/blog/153/Rise-Of-The-PDF-Exploits )adds all kind of exploits to PDF-files. When a certain exploit has successfully infected the OS, the IP address is sent to the attackers, so they need to try again. This to reduce the time it takes to manage the bots.

Use of PDF-files is becoming more and more popular among malcreants, this because other toolkits also have PDF exploits now. A year ago only 3% of the exploits were PDF directed.

So I recommend you uninstall Adobe and get the safer "Foxit Reader".

3rd : you have an outdated version of Sun's Java, a security risk . Should
uninstall ALL "Versions/Updates" you have of this program and since should
ONLY have 1 Ver on a computer, the latest is at www.java.com .

4th : you have the most malware-prone of all the Instant Messengers, namely
"AIM" ( AOL Instant Mesenger ) and the version you have is NOT the Latest, a
definitely security risk . At a minimum, should Update to the Latest Version, IF
not uninstall it and use a safer IM, such as Yahoo's . IF you continue to use
AOL's, should periodically visit http://jayloden.com/aimfix and use the FREE
program there .

What "Requested Downloads" !? Be SPECIFIC .

As to "Cid" : Recommend you try using the Info at http://cidhelp.com , especially
" 4) The use and presence of the Software is voluntary. The Software may be uninstalled at any time from your computer. The only authorized means to uninstall the Software is to use the ADD/REMOVE function on your control panel or contact support@cidhelp.com for assistance. Instructions to uninstall the Software are as follows:

1. Access your control panel by going to the Start menu;

2. Select Control Panel;

3. Choose ADD/REMOVE PROGRAMS; and,

4. Select Messenger Plus! and Sponsor or CiD Help for removal.

5. If you do not remember which bundled software product you installed that included the sponsor software you can download and run the universal uninstaller located here. "

The Info in "5" is probably the most useful !?

I SEE the Messaner Plus! Live and Sponcer (CiD)

I am about to uninstall it but which do i choose if i still want to use widows live.

"Repair Messenger"

"Remove Sponcer"

or

"Remove All"

I would like to still use windows live messenger to contact people.

Do this;

1. Click the Tools menu, and then click Internet Options.
2. On the Advanced tab, click Reset.
3. In the Reset Internet Explorer Settings dialog box, click Reset.
4. When Internet Explorer 7 finishes restoring the default settings, click Close, and then click OK two times.
5. Close Internet Explorer 7. The changes take effect the next time that you open Internet Explorer 7.
Note If you cannot start Internet Explorer 7 for some reason, use RIES from Internet Options in Control Panel.

I am curious about the proxy setting below. It seems as if you are been routed through a proxy. I don't know...?
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings,ProxyOverride = *.local

I'v seen this in a few logs with the same problem. If anyone know what this is then please let it be known. It might be nothing.

I have done this step, but know all my google task bars do not show up... why is that??

they are listed in my

view-->tool bars-->but they are gray and you cannot click on them anymore...

should i get rid of the messenger plus! live by doing

"Repair Messenger"

"Remove Sponcer"

or

"Remove All"??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back