Need help storing picture files

Status
Not open for further replies.

dreux456

I'm a newbie and have partitioned my hard drive like someone recommended and need to use one of the other partitions for my picture files but I need advice on how exactly this is done. I'm using windows xp and have four partitions of 10 gb each, two of which are formatted and the other two are not. the os is on the first partition C and D is empty and formatted. it's been a while since I did this so any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

dreux456 said:
I'm a newbie and have partitioned my hard drive like someone recommended and need to use one of the other partitions for my picture files but I need advice on how exactly this is done. I'm using windows xp and have four partitions of 10 gb each, two of which are formatted and the other two are not. the os is on the first partition C and D is empty and formatted. it's been a while since I did this so any help would be appreciated. thanks in advance

1. click on start
2. click on run
3. type; compmgmt.msc
4. click okay
5. click on storage
6. click on disk management

look to your lower right had panel there are pictures of the HDDs look for the ones that are not formated. Right click on the ones that are not formated and then click on format from the drop menu when you select right click on the device.

Once done their should be E, F or F G depends on your next drive letter. Creating folders is easy just right on the new formated drive in MY comptuer click on new folder, then on rename it. Drop the images in.

If you need more help just post it here...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back