Need help with a lenovo thinkvision showing power saving mode

I've been trying to connect my Xbox one to an old Lenovo ThinkVision monitor.

I'm having to use a VGA-HDMI cable.
Everything is plugged in and it turns on, then the light goes orange and it enters power saving mode.
I have read some of the other threads/posts and nothing seems to help as I can't change the settings and stuff like people have suggested if connecting to a PC.

The VGA-HDMI cable is new so it is not the issue.
The monitor shows no connection without the VGA cable and then changes to the power saving mode when plugged back in.

I wondered if it was an easy-to-fix issue or whether it was just the monitor being old and rubbish.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Is it a proper adapter cable, though? HDMI is a purely digital signal, whereas VGA is analog -- there needs to be an active conversion from one to the other.

Unfortunately, the Currys website doesn't say much about the cable and it's possible that it's not a converter at all, just a plain connector-to-connector cable. Currys always massively overprices accessories so it's price isn't much of an indicator either -- for example, this Snowkids model, on Amazon, is half the price and definitely has an active converter built-in.

Unfortunately, the Currys website doesn't say much about the cable and it's possible that it's not a converter at all, just a plain connector-to-connector cable. Currys always massively overprices accessories so it's price isn't much of an indicator either -- for example, this Snowkids model, on Amazon, is half the price and definitely has an active converter built-in.
Thanks I will try this cable out

I'm presuming it does, but does the Lenovo monitor support 1080p @ 60Hz?

Back