Need help with a virus or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My father wants me to fix his computer which he uses to run his company.
The computer is acting really slow whenever I'm opening a new webpage, folder, or whatever. But when it's loaded, scrolling down the page works just fine. Already done the housecall scan on it, and it said it had some funky stuff which needed to be removed manually.

I will post Hijack-log in a few hours, I hope

EDIT: I'm now at the computer I'm suposed to fix, and I think I've fixed it. But I'm gonna post the HJT log now, and the rest of the logs tomorrow (I hope).

Maybe some help

Remove theese:

O8 - Extra context menu item: &Search - hxxp//kn.bar.need2find.com/KN/menusearch.ht..?p=KN
O18 - Filter hijack: text/ht-- - (no CLSID) - (no file)

Try and run theese programs as well...

Ccleaner
Spybot search and destroy
Lavasoft ad-aware

If that dont work... backup ur files and reinstall system

If u live near by Oslo? Send me a privat message.

Best regards

It Support 1
Norway

Update your Java Runtime Environment
  • First try going to Start -> Control Panel -> double click Java
  • Select the Update TAb at the top
  • Click the Check for Updates button at the bottom
  • If it finds the newer version (Java 6 Update 5) Follow the on screen instructions
  • After it installs the newest version Go back to Control Panel -> Add/remove programs
  • Uninstall any older versions of Java

If for some reason you couldn't update through the above instructions.
  • Click the following link
    Java Runtime Environment 6 Update 5
  • The 4th option down is the one you want (click Download)
  • Check the box to agree to terms of service
  • Check the box for your operating system and click 'Download selected'at the bottom
  • After the install Go to Start-> Control Panel-> add/remove programs (Programs and features), and uninstall any old versions
  • Navigate to C:\programfiles\Java -> delete any subfolders except the jre1.6.0_05 folder

: Download and Run DSS

Download Deckard's System Scanner (DSS) to your Desktop. You must be logged onto an account with administrator privileges.
  • Close all applications and windows.
  • Double-click on dss.exe to run it, and follow the prompts.
  • When the scan is complete, two text files will open - main.txt <- this one will be maximized and extra.txt<- this one will be minimized.
  • Attach the main.txt and the extra.txt in your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back