Need help with error code 2000-0141

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new to Techspot. I wanted to get into a forum to try and solve an issue with my computer. The computer is a dell inspiron 1525, with vista, and receives the following message on startup, "internal hard disk drive not found."

The usual cause is that the hard drive has gone bad... But you may just need to re-order your BIOS?
Have your tried borrowing another drive just to see if it is detected?
That computer can be about 2 1/2 years old... long enough for a drive to go bad...
But if you have valuable data on it, you don't want to mess with it too much... just because it doesn't boot, or is not detected, doesn't mean you cannot access it later to retrieve the data... because usually you can.
It can be a lot of other problems as well, so tell us more about your system and what you were in the middle of?

Only had the computer for about 4 months. Was working on the computer one night and it just started spiraling trying to open something up from google. When I could not get out of the spiral I had to reboot and upon reboot I got the " a problem has been detected on your hdd and windows has shut down to prevent" Now the computer does not recognize the hdd. I'm not too tech saavy so changing BIOS means little to me. I want to recover my data and throw the computer in the dump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back