Need help with FPS tuning for my external cap card!

Okay so I bought a Blitzbox Capcard for my xbox360 and got everything hooked up and started an encoding proccess using Windows Media Encoder, picture quality is pretty good, sound is good, except for some reason when the FPS is set at 29, im only avg like 3.5?? I have a screenshot here to show you. I watched a video on youtube how to set this up and this guy is getting 23 to 27fps. Why is mine so low and laggy and how can I change this? Thanks

nvm cant post screenshot yet

Have you tried lowering the video quality settings and see if that has any improvement on the FPS?

Does your computer meet the specs required by the capcard or the software you're using?

(I've never used one, but this is stuff I'm just thinking off hand, that maybe you're trying to record at higher settings than your computer can handle?)

i dont know where i could find the requirements for the cap card, but ill have a look, i have a toshiba laptop but i dont know how to access the graphics card to check the settings?

Have you tried lowering the settings to minimum and seeing what frame rate you got?

There are so many bottlenecks you could be looking at, transfer speed over USB, CPU, video card, hard drive. I'm thinking that's the issue is that you're trying to record at too high of quality.

Back