• GTX 280 SLI

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GTX 285 SLI

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Adhmuz

Well my system can be seen on both my SIG and the system specs tab so I can make this quick, currently I am running dual 8800GTs with 675/1674/972. I use a 24" display running 1920x1080 on two screens at once all the time, the other one is a 42". Now my mobo only does SLI so I would need Nvidia based graphics cards. Having said that I am wanting to maintain SLI but with two faster cards, my options are basically GTX 260's, GTX 275's or GTX 285's. I am very aware of costs and power requirements and feel my Corsair TX750 would be able to handle the SLI 275's at least. 285 SLI may be a little much. With that said what do you all think, all input will be read and taken into consideration, So, let me have it!

PS If you link me to video cards please do so in Canadian dollars.

I prefer crossfiring two ATI cards though., however the only links i have about good SLI card prices are in EUROs . sorry dude

GTX 260 SLI is more than enough for anything, since its practically the same as having a single GTX 295. It would also be the most cost-effective, since you likely will not see any significantly better performance at that resolution from a GTX 275 SLI setup.

The GTX 285 SLI setup is the worst possible choice and a colossal waste of cash IMO.

Well going GTX 260 would be good then, and I could always add a third card later on. Its just so tempting to get the GTX 275, it may not be much faster then the 260 but it still is. Or I go ATI seeing as how I will be very possibly upgrading to i7 in the very not so distant future. In which case I would like to know what are the best options for a x58 motherboard. don't want to start a new thread so let me know what you would recommend, ideally something that will be very good to overclock with.
Thanks

Most X58 motherboards support SLI and Crossfire, so you aren't limited to any one of them. I like the GA-EX58-UD3R for its great price and features, which includes SLI and Crossfire support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back