Inactive Need to scanning folders/drives when anti-virus is smart?

Status
Not open for further replies.

abbasi

[FONT=verdana]Hi,[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]When an anti-virus like KIS 2013 is running on a Windows machine and that AV is smart and real time protection and all of the components for protecting are enabled as well, is there any need to scan the suspected folders/drives manually before opening them? For example when we input a USB flash memory? If yes why? And what that "smart" word means in the AV?[/FONT]

[FONT=verdana]Thanks.[/FONT]

There is no perfect security program and there are always brand new type of infections of which your AV program can be not aware yet.
When you use someone else USB drive you have to especially careful.
In case of flash drives your best course of action is....
Install Panda USB Vaccine, or No Autorun, or BitDefender’s USB Immunizer on your computer to protect it from any infected USB device.

Dear nice Broni, with complete respect to you, I should say though your comment is valuable but it's not the answer exactly related to the question I mentioned!

OK my meaning is "[FONT=verdana]If the AV software is smart - then why scan anything. Why tell it to scan all files on a USB stick or even the main hard drive"[/FONT]? It's smart so because of that it should find the malware and there is no need to ask it to does that.[FONT=verdana][/FONT]

Normally you don't scan files on your hard drive but if you download files from some not so safe sites like torrents I'd scan them anyway.
As for USB I told you what to do.
The reason is that before your AV program reacts something may be already selfexecuting from foreign USB flash drive.
Then new infections are created every day.
Your AV program database may not even know about them yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back