Need urgent help

Status
Not open for further replies.

john2009

im new here and not sure where to post this

ive recently rebooted my pc windows xp home to get rid of the viruses now my speakers dont work
when going to controll panel --- sound and audio properties its all grey under the volume tab it says that there is no audio divice detected at the bottom of the taskbar there is no sound bottom. i tried adding new hardare it comes up with sound blaster 16 or AWE32

not working code 10

in divice manager it sayssound blaster 16 or AWE32
or compatible (wdm) thers and explantion mark next to it
also multi media audio controller has an explamattion mark next to it

my speakers are creative SBS 260

i download real tek media player to see if it worked but nothing

i think my freind did this before he said all you need to get is the sound on the bottom of the screen

help me please i will be very gratefull

Please tell us the make and model of computer OR make and version of motherboard if a u-build.

Alternatively;

Download and run Everest Home (it is free):

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

Once you download it, click on it and let it install and then run it from the icon on your desktop.

Click on the + sign beside 'Computer', then on 'Summary', then go to the VERY Top of the screen and click on 'report'.

Note: the 'Very Top' isn't one line down, it means what it says.

Cursor over 'quick report-summary' and then click on 'plain text' and then click on 'save to file' and change the 'save in' folder to 'Desktop' and then click 'Save'.

Clear all your open windows and on the Desktop click on that 'report.txt' icon - this will open it in a text editor
(probably Notepad) and then use your mouse to highlight ALL the 'debug' entries and delete them, then use your mouse to hilight all the remaining text then copy and paste it to here.

For future reference: once you open Everest, click on file, preferences, report and uncheck the 'include debug information in the report' box. People rarely want to see that stuff.

:)

Then you need to start by getting rid of those exlamation marks in Device manager first.

Start in your control panel Add/Remove. Sounds like there may be a special mixer installed by a Vendor. If you see one Remove it.

Then check Device Manager. It might have removed both the mixer and driver. If you still see the driver in there, uninstall it by rt clik->Uninstall.

THEN you can try reinstalling new driver. click Action->Scan for Hardware changes in Dev Mgr

/******** EDIT **************/
just read CCT post thru: and YES, most definitley agree. getting more specific info on your specs is a big plus

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

Version EVEREST v2.20.405
Homepage http://www.lavalys.com/
Report Type Quick Report
Computer ISLAM-854A7ED91
Generator islam
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition 5.1.2600 (WinXP Retail)
Date 2008-10-12
Time 05:59

--------[ Summary ]-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Computer:
Computer Name ISLAM-854A7ED91
DirectX 4.09.00.0904 (DirectX 9.0c)
Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
OS Service Pack Service Pack 2
User Name islam

Motherboard:
BIOS Type Award (10/08/05)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM1)
Communication Port Communications Port (COM2)
Communication Port Printer Port (LPT1)
CPU Type AMD Athlon 64, 2000 MHz (10 x 200) 3000+
Motherboard Chipset SiS 760, AMD Hammer
Motherboard Name Unknown
System Memory 224 MB (PC3200 DDR SDRAM)

Display:
Video Adapter SiS 330 Mirage Integrated
3D Accelerator SiS 330 Mirage Integrated

Multimedia:
Audio Adapter SiS 7012 Audio Device

Storage:
IDE Controller SiS PCI IDE Controller
IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller
Disk Drive WDC WD800BB-00JHC0 (74 GB, IDE)
Disk Drive Verbatim STORE N GO USB Device (7 GB, USB)
Optical Drive TSSTcorp CDW/DVD SH-M522C (DVD:16x, CD:52x/32x/52x DVD-ROM/CD-RW)
SMART Hard Disks Status OK

Partitions:
C: (NTFS) 76308 MB (71042 MB free)

Input:
Keyboard Standard 101/102-Key or Microsoft Natural PS/2 Keyboard
Mouse PS/2 Compatible Mouse

Network:
Network Adapter SiS 900-Based PCI Fast Ethernet Adapter (82.11.211.67)

Peripherals:
USB1 Controller SiS 7001 PCI-USB Open Host Controller
USB2 Controller SiS 7002 USB 2.0 Enhanced Host Controller
USB Device USB Mass Storage Device

gah im so angry

umm i forgot to say the speakers are plug and play i went on to the creative website it said you dont need any drivers

wat driver do i download to play my plug and play speakers creative sbs 260

It's a SiS motherboard, with a SiS audio device.. i'd start at the SiS support website under support. Drivers and Downloads. And make sure anything else has been uninstalled from Device Manager for audio before you do

You need the CORRECT sound drivers for your sound chip.

Go into Device Manager, uninstall anything with a question mark.

Reboot and then run Everest again and do another Summary post here.

You need the CORRECT sound drivers for your sound chip.

Go into Device Manager, uninstall anything with a question mark.

Reboot and then run Everest again and do another Summary post here.

rebooting wouldnt that delete everything ?

No, reboot should just restart everything. now follow CCT's instructions (and will add a couple)
1. Go into Control Panel Add/Remove and remove and Sound programs from any vendor
2. Device Manager Uninstall any drivers on the sound card
3. Download the audio driver from Sis Support site for the 7012 sound card
4. That download may or may not to an install (it probably will)
5. Regardless, do a reboot and generate the Everest Report as requested

/************* EDIT ***********************/
"In theory", Windows should select the best drivers out of the choices it sees. So downloading the Sis 71012 and making it one of the choices should (would think) have Windows inclined to use it first (sometimes it screws-up but we can fix that after the fact should that be the case)

so what u want me to do is delete any audio program on add/remove program

and then uninstall all the sound drivers on the sound card using device manager

then download the sis support thing

then reboot
how do you reboot without deleteing everything ?

1. Uninstalling a driver does just that. Uninstall. The driver isn't actually deleted ( <= and that's a mixed blessing!!)

2. From what u described, you haven't paid for a special sound software package, correct? So every sound program in Add/Remove will be deleted (yes, those are deleted) but those are all the standard sound controller apps that are actually packed in with those drivers.

So unless you have something you paid for and no CD or anything.. and doesn't sound like it.. everything should reinstall and reboot will should be fine

no, when you're done with the other steps. No CD in the drawer.

Reboot just means to go through a normal shutdown as you do when done with the machine. And the start it all back up (that startup includes Windows "booting" back up so terms are often loosely interchanged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back