Needing a case or mod of mine

ingeborgdot

I have had a nice little case sitting around (coolermaster elite series) and wanted to use it but I ran into a little problem. The video card that I am using (XFX 5830) has a problem with the back slots where the dvi, hdmi connections come out. The problem is that the slots are not wide enough for the little air intake grill of the card and then the hdmi and display port are a little too far up. I don't know how to explain it any better. Does anyone know what I can do to this? I can get a new case no problem but would like to use this case. Thanks.

Hmm..I know what you're saying here. My video card has the first monitor socket cut off by my case (It's too far up like yours). Luckly though, i've got another monitor socket to use.

I've never seen anything that can help with this problem, mainly because it's the chassis of the case that's the problem. Other than physically trying to cut the slot itself in some way, i'm not too sure.

If somebody else has any possible solutions, i'de like to know myself.

I'd have said a dremel would be the answer personally; assuming you don't mind modifying the case.

I'd had this issue with several GPUs in several cases, though I've always found a way of matching it up enough to use both sides of connectors, though some are extremely close to the slots framework.

here you go.
If you find that you cant get around the slot being physically blocked.
http://www.orbitmicro.com/global/pe...exibleextenderforpciexpressx16bus-p-4354.html

$52.00 is a bit strong. My entire case cost less than that :D I didn't know about stuff like that though Red so thanks :)

Leeky said:
I'd have said a dremel would be the answer personally

What and cut my baby?. That's down right mutilation you madman :haha:

Nah, I'll just have to put up with mine for the time being then.

After thinking about it, I really think another case would be a better option. I like many of the cases I have been looking at mainly because of the way the hdd is placed in the case. Many of them now place the hdd coming in from the side entrance instead of from the middle inside which makes it impossible to add or replace without taking out the video card or memory on mine. I also like some of the placement of things much better now as the case I have is over three years old. Brand new but still 3 years old. I must may sell it on ebay I guess. I just need to find one with good cable management if I can but under $150 if there is one for that.

Its a £30 case (roughly going by conversion in head)... Whats the worst that can happen to it?!? :haha:

But, i've had it for so long, it's become part of the family now. Arrgh! i've always been to sentimental towards computers :haha:

*sobbing into my coffee* :D

PS: £30 was a good guess!

Dremel it dude! :haha:

It might be an antique, but it'll never be worth anything! :p

I can't, it's family! :D ..Honestly, i've never set eyes on a case and thought, "boy i want that!", exept the one i have now.

Anyways, my card aint worth it ...Maybe when i get my Gigabybe GTX 460, then i'll play....Maybe :haha:

I can't, it's family! ..Honestly, i've never set eyes on a case and thought, "boy i want that!", exept the one i have now.

okay now I have to see this case! PICS! :haha:

:haha: Remember it was only £30 when i bought it, it's old, and it very well might look ugly to you, but to me, we've been though thick and thin. It's also seen it's fair share of bad motherboards aswell (poor thing, all the stands are knackerd in it :D)

There is a not very good quality pic on Techspot under my name....

Oh gosh... Erm, :haha:

Chainsaw? ;) :D

!!! I've never been more offended in my entire life...Where are the Techspot police around here. Oh! you are the police! Errr... :haha::haha:

Red1776 said:
Now if Metallica came out with a case, why....

I hope that's not a dig at my case..Cos i'm feeling dangerous with this keyboard now... :D

Back