Needs drivers for Intel nh82801gb l729na120

Ifrah

i need the drivers for my intel nh82801gb l729na120 badly...
i have tried many sites but could not understand what the intel chipsets and its utility is all about and how to proceed with it...
i downloaded numerous things regarding intel chipsets but could not get my drivers and ports fixed :(
kindly help!

Who is the computer's manufacturer or is this a self-built or custom built PC? If made by a major manufacturer, what is the brand and model?

What operating system are you using? Without knowing the operating system, you can't get the proper drivers.

my computer is pentium 4 (R)
and the operating system installed in it is windows XP professional.

The Pentium 4 is the processor or CPU, not the manufacturer or brand of the PC. Is it an HP, Gateway, Acer or something like that?

well i don't know :S
isn't intel the pc manufacturer if its the processor meufacturer? well on my cpu..its mentioned super power (SP)

No. Intel makes parts like the processor and motherboard but not the whole PC.

Generally speaking, you would go to the PC manufacturer's website for the drivers if it is a major manufacturer like Dell, HP, Acer, Gateway, etc. If the PC is self-built or custom built, you would go to the motherboard manufacturer's website for the drivers. One exception is a discrete graphics card (as opposed to onboard graphics). For that you would go the ATI/AMD site or the Nvidia site (depending on what card you had).

So you need to know what kind of PC you have in order to know the best place to go for your drivers. The motherboard information you provided indicates that that motherboard has been used in more than one manufacturer's PC although I'm not sure about that.

Since you don't seem to know what you have, try this Intel driver update utility: http://www.intel.com/support/detect.htm?iid=subhdr+dnlds_detect

Super Power (SP) as far as I know is a Casing manufacturer, not a system manufacturer.

I think its one of those unbranded systems perhaps. You can run CPU-Z, and tell us details about your processor/RAM/motherboard etc.

I have attached the images taken from cpu-z about my pc as u told.
now kindly specify the way to download the drivers
I am in badly need of them especially the audio and ethernet ones as they are in-built components on my mother-board :(

Attachments

• Doc1.doc
    181 KB · Views: 7
First, are you running XP Service Pack (SP) level 3???? If not, I suggest you either upgrade to SP3 first or at least don't install your audio driver unitl AFTER you've upgrade to SP3 (can save you some grief installing audio)

You'll also need to click My Computer->Properties and look at the General tab to be sure of which XP you are running (e.g. XP Home vs XP Pro vs XP Media etc)

Try this.
  1. Click here to go the Intel Download center for your board model D945GCPE
  2. Select your Operating System (XP Home vs Media Center vs. Pro vs. 64bit Pro)
  3. Select Drivers
Now look though and install the drivers listed. I suggest
> Install the Chipset drivers first
> Then the LAN network driver
> Install others BUT don't install audio until AFTER you upgrade to SP#

hey thanks to all esp lookinAround
so i have just to download the drivers and run them? then all will be set?

hey thanks to all esp lookinAround
so i have just to download the drivers and run them? then all will be set?
Well, that is, all will be set if all the info i found was right about your motherboard, your m/b info is right, and right downloads i found :D (but i'll be optimistic for now :) )

So do be sure to double check which version of XP (Home, vs. Pro etc) before you selelct the drivers. Try it and let us know.

If you STILL have any problems try this List any Problem Devices
  • Make sure all your devices are connected and powered on
  • Click Start->Run, enter: msinfo32. Click the + sign next to Components to expand it
  • Click Problem Devices. Anything appear?
  • If yes, click on it, Ctrl-A to select all, Ctrl-C to copy it, Ctrl-V to paste into next post
If all goes well, there shouldn't be any devices appearing

Thanks for helping out LA, I ended up needing to reinstall everything so was offline for a whole day because I didn't had the time to do it till this afternoon.

Hi Archean

I saw you and mailpup already did much of the legwork. Was glad to help fill in a little as well....

btw... figured you must've been pretty busy for awhile as i hadn't seen you must for a period time (and see you already commented on that elsewhere). Glad to hear all's good and well :)

thanks alot people :)
my computer has got back its voice :)
by the way, i don't understand why updating to sp3?

and now just the video controller is left !!
vista compatible controllers are available,not the xp professional ones :(

thanks alot people :)
my computer has got back its voice :)
by the way, i don't understand why updating to sp3?

Glad to hear things are going well :grinthumb

Re: SP3, the main reason to upgrade: MS has dropped support for SP2. So you'll no longer get anymore security updates for SP2. Another reason, tho doesn't seem to apply in your case, is related to audio driver problems. Newer Hi Def Audio cards (vs. the older AC97 and looks like you have AC97) require a driver that must be manually added to SP2 but comes packaged as part of SP3. But your audio is good now so not apply to you.

But re: your graphics..
1) I do see a driver download on the Intel download site for you motherboard named Video: Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver for 945 Chipset-​Based Intel Desktop Boards. Have you tried it?

2)Did you also install Chipset: Intel® Chipset Device Software for Intel® Desktop Boards first?

SP3 will bring your OS to updated state security/stability wise. Beside, you can't get any more help from MS with SP2 (if i am remembering correctly).

There is a VGA driver available for XP in the above Intel link, click on Windows XP, then on Drivers, and in the resulting list you will easily find your drive.

yeah found thevideo controller oafter refreshing the page :approve:
thankGod and all of you!
i am really glad :)

Back