Neowin: Club 3D AMD R9 270 royalQueen review

Neowin

With the release of the Playstation 4 and Xbox One, many people think that PC gaming is obsolete. Nothing could be further from the truth though, as it's proven time and time again that graphic power for the PC grows much faster than consoles, especially given that the latter has a longer and longer release schedule. With the ever growing number of video cards available, how do you know what to purcahse?

While we can't necessarily answer that question for everyone, we can provide our experience with the new ATI R9 270 video card. Provided to us for review by Club 3D, their model is called the "royalQueen," and we'll examine how well the specs stack up to other devices, and what our results were while testing the card.

Club 3D may be a relatively unknown player in the United States, but they're the market leader in Europe. In an attempt to broaden brand awareness, the company has recently signed a deal with Newegg.com to sell products in the United States. Taking on more established brands like Sapphire, MSI, and XFX is risky, but with a recent focus on ATI/AMD video cards, the gamble could pay off.

The company has a unique naming standard, using playing cards to name their products. From the royalKing to the royalQueen to the jokerCard, the company puts a unique twist on the names. However that naming does get a little confusing when there's a royalQueen R9 270, R9 270X, and R9 280X.

Read the full review.

This review is brought to you in partnership with Neowin.

Permalink to story.

Cool review, I had been seeing a lot of these Club 3D cards lately on newegg and wondered if they finally came over to the US. I like the cards they are showcasing and the coolers provided on them, should be a real treat to the US because they are a good brand in Europe and I hear a lot about them.

Club 3D may be relatively unknown in the States but they are a good, cost effective alternative to the well known (and expensive) brands over here in South Africa.

Who's been saying that that the new consoles make PC gaming obsolete? I've seen that nowhere. If anything its the other way around, considering that both the XB1 and PS4 are x86-based. PC architecture won out.

Go visit extreme tech they will tell you over there that there consoles wipe the floor even with $3000 pc build. They also seem to think the ps4 is more powerful than the hd 7970, and that the manufacturers have a magic wand that every year they wave over the console and balmer dust flies into the console vent holes causing the hardware to be upgraded for the latest games.

Back