Nero problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sacky

I have developed a problem with nero 6, when I try to burn a nero image file I get the following message (cannot write track at correct position with this recorder.
please help.
sacky

Have you been able to burn this type of images before with this (exact) version of Nero, using the same burner and the same kind of media?

nero reply

yes
Ive also put the same software in a laptop, and an old desktop and got the same result

If this is the same image you're trying to burn, it's probably corrupt. If this is a different image you're trying to write, then the Nero CD is corrupt, since you've installed the program on different machines with different burners.
There are updates for Nero 6 to about 6.64 (I think) have you updated?.
The another possibility is a bad run of blank DVDs.

captaincranky just said what I was thinking: try a completely different DVD from a different bunch of blanks (not the same package you have been using.) I once had a problem with burning and it drove me crazy until I dumped the whole lot of them.

I have used different types of disc, and tried different image files with the same result.
the only thing I can think of is try a external drive or a later version of nero. I do fear that I will be wasting my time with either

sacky said:
I have used different types of disc, and tried different image files with the same result.
the only thing I can think of is try a external drive or a later version of nero. I do fear that I will be wasting my time with either

Let's see you put the program into 3 computers

You used a different image file.

You used different DVD blanks

Now unless you transfered the burner from the first computer to the others you also tried different burners.

I give up what else could be wrong?

Try this; copy protection in the images; or all the image files are corrupt, like with a bad HDD. The Nero CD is damaged < that's my second post on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back