Nero v.7 or 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopdog

I´ve recently installed Nero 8 on my laptop (running Vista x64), but it crashed frequently (specially Nero Home). So I´m considering to go back to Nero 7. But what are the main differences?
Mostly I do DVD and CD burning, and I use Nero Recode a lot (DVD and Nero Digital encoding).

Lots of differences:
Nero8 comes on DVD (due to many movies included)
opens applications more quickly
uses more animations
Start Smart does a whole lot more
Improved online resource
RescueAgent included

Actually it's a big list of changes, but the core is still the same
So if you just want to do basic burning (without all the extras and online stuff)
Then stick with Ner7 or even stable Nero 6 !

These newer versions of Nero seem to have a lot of issues, I had to go back to Nero 6 Corp version so I could make CDs without hiccups.

Tedster, I´d like to try Infraburn, but where do I get it? I searched Google, and found nothing. Can it make .VOB files from .avi or .mpeg files?

lopdog said:
I´ve recently installed Nero 8 on my laptop (running Vista x64), but it crashed frequently (specially Nero Home). So I´m considering to go back to Nero 7. But what are the main differences?
Mostly I do DVD and CD burning, and I use Nero Recode a lot (DVD and Nero Digital encoding).

I got Nero 8 too, but Nero home ALWAYS crashes...so i uninstalled the nero home component...never had nero 7 tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back