NET Framework v1.0.3705

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a problem with the above update stoppng my PC going to standby, and was directed to this website by my search engine.
I seem to have five NET Framework programmes plus two NET Sync Framework Runtime programmes in my 'Add or Remove'.

Do I need them? I don't know how they got there.
|I use my laptop mainly for emailing my family and playing games.
I would be grateful fo any help::eek:

Welcome to Techspot!
Please visit this link, for answers to most common questions.
NET Framework are part of Windows updates. Depending on the software you're using, you do need it. Some claim that you can delete the older ones, but personally, for the space it takes up on your HDD, just leave them be. Are you sure that the NET Framework is what's stopping your PC from gong to standby?

NET Framework

When I try to put laptop to 'standby' I get a message on screen - "update v1.0.3705 preventing standby " but no instructions how to.prevent it.
Than you for your prompt reply. Its nice to know there is someone out there to help.
I do have Norton Security and automatic Live Update.

First you should tell us your PC specs, o/s, etc.. Then go to your Control panel and see what version of Framework you have under add/remove programs. Framework is old, very old, and you should have newer.

NET Framework

I have an Acer Aspire laptop 3 years old. with Windows XP
The usual Microsoft Office, Word, Excel, Publisher etc plus others which I don't use
On 'Add or Remove programmes' -
Microsoft.NET Framework 1.1
''' '' '' 2.0 Service Pack 2
'' '' '' 3.0 '' '' 2
'' '' '' 3.5 SP1

Microsoft Sync Framework Runtime Native V10 (x86) Size 2.52 MB
'' '' '' '' '' '' Size 1.47MB
Do I need all this

Is there any other info that you need?

NET Framework

I am connected to the Internet via WiFi and on Mozilla Firefox.
I have recently installed Messenger

Is this relevant?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back