Netflix and Telltale team up for Stranger Things game

By midian182
Jun 14, 2018
Post New Reply
  1. First reported by TechRadar, Netflix has confirmed that the Stranger Things project will be coming to “consoles and computers at a later date.” The publication’s sources say the game was supposed to launch alongside season 2 of the show but got pushed back. It will reportedly be similar to Telltale’s Game of Thrones series: set in the same universe but featuring new characters, though stars from the TV program will occasionally make an appearance.

With Minecraft: Story Mode, Netflix is bringing a version of Telltale’s take on the incredibly popular building game to the service. The “licensed 5-episode interactive narrative series” is an extension of other Netflix interactive stories, such as Stretch Armstrong: The Breakout, Puss in Book: Trapped in an Epic Tale, and Buddy Thunderstruck: The Maybe Pile.

The interactive games are controlled using the directional and select buttons on a TV’s remote. TechRadar reports that a playable demo of Minecraft: Story Mode has already been made.

A Netflix spokesperson emphasized that the company doesn't “have any plans to get into gaming.”

“There’s a broad spectrum of entertainment available today,” they said. “Games have become increasingly cinematic, but we view this as interactive narrative storytelling on our service.”

Permalink to story.

2. TomSEA

TomSEA TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 2,831   +1,026

I'm a big sci-fi/fantasy fan but could not get into Stranger Things at all. I finished the first season, but it was a struggle. It was like a really bad Goonies rip-off.

Still scratching my head as to why it was so popular.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018