Netflix is ending its Castlevania animated series, but a new show in the same universe...

Shawn Knight

Staff member
The big picture: Castlevania, the animated television series that premiered on Netflix back in mid-2017, is coming to an end. But it’s not all bad news as a new series in the same universe could reportedly fill the gap.

Sources familiar with the matter recently told Deadline that the upcoming fourth season of Castlevania will be the last. The first season, if you recall, was a short one with just four episodes. Output was doubled with season two in 2018 and last year’s third season got a full 10 episodes. The fourth and final season will also consist of 10 episodes, we’re told.

Netflix’s show was generally well received, and earned high marks on Rotten Tomatoes. The second season, for example, has a “Tomatometer” score of 100 percent and an audience score of 90 percent.

Last year, however, several women accused the show’s creator, Warren Ellis, of sexual misconduct allegations. Netflix soon after decided to no longer work with Ellis following season four.

Deadline’s sources note that Netflix is contemplating a new series that would be set in the same Castlevania universe, albeit with an entirely new set of characters. Ellis almost certainly won't be involved.

Season four of Castlevania is set to premiere on May 13, 2021.

Permalink to story.

Allegations are very powerful, and can ruin one's life fabricated or not.

Personally, I'd like to see some hard evidence of this prior to trashing someone's career... But I digress. I haven't been able to find anything through some searching other than 'allegations' from almost a year ago.

Innocence until proven guilty is dead and gone.

Allegations are very powerful, and can ruin one's life fabricated or not.

Personally, I'd like to see some hard evidence of this prior to trashing someone's career... But I digress. I haven't been able to find anything through some searching other than 'allegations' from almost a year ago.

Innocence until proven guilty is dead and gone.

I totally share this sentiment! At the same time, it can be pretty tough to prove allegations one way or the other. If enough people came forward to complain there would be reasonable grounds to dismiss him. (theres also a chance he's been paid off to leave quietly too).

Back