Netgear Wireless Quit working

Status
Not open for further replies.
My wireless internet quit working. I can plug in the ethernet cord from the router and it works. My computer recognizes the router but when i try to connect it won't connect then tells me my password is wrong. I tried to start over from scratch and dowload and re-configure but it would never go to to the activate step it just sits on "connecting equipment" forever. Help. Does anyone know how to fix this?

My wireless internet quit working. I can plug in the ethernet cord from the router and it works. My computer recognizes the router but when i try to connect it won't connect then tells me my password is wrong. I tried to start over from scratch and dowload and re-configure but it would never go to to the activate step it just sits on "connecting equipment" forever. Help. Does anyone know how to fix this?

With the power supply connected. On the rear of the router there should be a pin hole that reads RESET Take a small pin and press into that hole for 30 seconds, then while still pressing after the 30 seconds keep holding the pin in and now uplug the power for another 30 seconds keep pressing the reset button, after that 30 seconds plugin back the power.

So in all you're holding down the pin for 90 seconds during this time you'll be unplugging the power and re-plugging in the power. This will do a complete flush out and you should be now able to log into the router to make your changes.

Note: doing the above will remove all prior settings, just a little bit of a warning there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back