Netio.sys BSOD

Dear all,

I have had 3 occurrences in recent days of a DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD with Netio.sys mentioned as the file to blame.

Would anyone mind looking at my most recent minidump attached to see if it sheds any light?
I'm running Windows 7 64bit on a Samsung laptop. It's a work laptop but the IT department here is pretty much non existant (I'm in Egypt). The answer is always 'you have a virus' (which is never true) or 'we need to reinstall windows' (dubious). And I've been through 4 hard drives in one year - one time I managed to retrieve data from my HDD when they told me it was impossible (you get the idea and why I am attempting to address this myself!).

I have a colleague who has the same laptop bought at the same time which has recently been suffering BSOD also, and she had a RAM problem. So that could be the cause, but I'd like to eliminate anything else first if possible.

Thanks a lot,

Sarah

Attachments

• 012414-32495-01.zip
    32.8 KB · Views: 3
Netio.sys is a network driver and it could very well be caused by bad memory just like you colleague's laptop. Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

Netio.sys is a network driver and it could very well be caused by bad memory just like you colleague's laptop. Do you see any yellow (!) in the device manager?

Thanks for the reply. No, no yellow at all, and I checked all the drivers for the network cards through the device manager and nothing came up, although the dates on some of them seem quite old!

I should also have mentioned that all three times when this has happened, I've been using Chrome with a fair few tabs open.

You could remove the RAM stick(s) and take a pencil eraser and clean the contacts before you re-install them

Back