Network connection issue after cleaning

Status
Not open for further replies.

wedoca

I've followed the virus/malware remove instructions and now I'm having issues with my network connection. I have no connection after each restart but I can regain connection by unpluggin the power of the rounter and plug it back, again no connection after the next restart. I've tried to use winsockfix to resolve the problem but no luck. Can someone provide any expert advice on this? Thank you so much.

try repairing the TCP/IP stack and Winsock.

Open a Command Prompt window
1. Start>Run>Type cmd and click ok you will get a black box.
2. Type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt and press Enter make sure to put the spaces. The original prompt will reappear.
3. Now type netsh winsock reset catalog and press Enter
4. type exit press Enter and reboot the laptop.

Let me know if this solve the problem

xxdanielxx said:
try repairing the TCP/IP stack and Winsock.

Open a Command Prompt window
1. Start>Run>Type cmd and click ok you will get a black box.
2. Type netsh int ip reset resetlog.txt and press Enter make sure to put the spaces. The original prompt will reappear.
3. Now type netsh winsock reset catalog and press Enter
4. type exit press Enter and reboot the laptop.

Let me know if this solve the problem

Hello xxdanielxx, thank you for responding and your advice. I'm sorry to inform you that method didn't resolve the issue; the internet connection icon has a yellow triangle with an exclimation mark in it once the computer restarts and it wouldn't recognize any connection at all even after powering off the modem and router then power it back on. I had to shut down my PC last night, woke up this morning and unplug the modem and router first, then start up the PC, power up the moden follow by the router, and it is now connected. I have no idea what is going on and I'm at work right now, so I can't really do any research at this moment on the net, do you have any other advice? Thank you for your time.

Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling your network adapter?

You want to download the correct driver prior to deleting the old one as you won't have a connection once removed. then install the new driver that you first downloaded

Would you know where would be the best place to locate the correct driver for my network adaptor?

I can provide a link if you tell me what make/model computer you have.

If you built the computer yourself I just need to know what brand/model NIC you have

Also, what operating system? XP/Vista/ect

Blind Dragon said:
I can provide a link if you tell me what make/model computer you have.

If you built the computer yourself I just need to know what brand/model NIC you have

Also, what operating system? XP/Vista/ect

I think I have a on board network card; I'd need to find out the model of my MB is then I'll let you know. Thanks.

Have you tried right clicking one of the network connection icons inside control panel and hitting "repair"? that might help. this might be the same repair daniel asked you to do so im not to sure. Also like everyone else says you can try completely reinstalling the driver.

I just read why you have no connection in your original post, most likely the removal broke the LSP chain

Try this.

Please download LSPFix from here. please double-click LSPFix.exe . Check the "I know what I'm doing" button. You will see 2 panels. If there is any file listed in the "Remove" panel on the right-side, leave it as is and just click "Finish>>" then reboot your computer and you should now have access to the Internet. If nothing is listed under the "Remove Panel", do NOT do anything - just close the program. You will need to use another computer to come back here for further instructions on what to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back