Network Problems

Trafficflow

Hello everyone,

Help please! I have ATT uverse and have the gateway they provide. My problem is I have 2 desktops using Netopia usb adapters. Both can not connect to the net. I have checked alot of the normal things zero configuration etc.I get the aquiring network address. It does this to it times out on both desk tops. I have a new laptop and I can connect no problem with that. I tried to ping the gateway from both desktops and it will not see the gateway.I ping it from the laptop and no problem again as it sees all the packets. I tried new adapters and etc. The only thing I did not try is to delete the software for the adapters and reload the drivers. I am out of ideas except changing the gateway which I can not do.Can somebody help please

hmm; with more than one system, you need a router between the modem and the systems
Code:
ISP==modem==router - - - system connectins
If you're lucky, the AT&T tech installed a modem/router combination unit.

What is the make/model of the box attached to your DSL or Cable connection?

Yes it is the combination modem/router. I have ha it about a year and half. The model is below
I wouldn't doubt they have a different model now as 2 wire is not the best.Thanks for the help.

2 Wire and 3800 HGV

I have a new laptop and I can connect no problem with that.
I ping it from the laptop and no problem again as it sees all the packets.
This says the router is just fine and the new laptop is configured correctly
I tried to ping the gateway from both desktops and it will not see the gateway. I tried new adapters and etc. The only thing I did not try is to delete the software for the adapters and reload the drivers.
Assuming the two desktops are attempting wireless connections,
  1. delete the existing connections (on one system)
  2. and use the Wireless Network Wizard on that system to create a new conneciton
(2) will require the Windows Zero Configuration service to be started.

Back